main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

access Nas on Lan via wifi with Vodafone Connect Router.

SOLVED
View solved solution
3: Seeker

Hi,

I have a Qnap Nas wired via Lan to the new Vodafone Connect router, that I can't connect to

Firmware-Version:Productname:

Vodafone Connect

I can ping the nas from my windows PC over wifi

$ ping 192.168.1.14
Pinging 192.168.1.14 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.14: bytes=32 time=8ms TTL=64

but I can't make any other connections.

I want to connect to it with: ssh, http, https, and samba

I don't want to expose the NAS to the Internet, only the router managed internal network.

$ ssh -v admin@192.168.1.14 -p 43422
OpenSSH_6.6.1, OpenSSL 1.0.1i 6 Aug 2014
debug1: Connecting to 192.168.1.14 [192.168.1.14] port 43422.
debug1: connect to address 192.168.1.14 port 43422: Attempt to connect timed out without establishing a connection
ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.14 port 43422: Bad file number

ignore the ssh port, that is the port the NAS exposes for SSH traffic.

I have put the Nas on a static IP (192.168.1.14) 

I've tried:

• turning off Twonky
  • adding port forwarding to the nas
  • turning off dual band wifi and only using 2.4Ghz.
  • putting windows pc on statc IP (192.168.1.10)
  • connecting via ssh to port 22 = debug1: connect to address 192.168.1.14 port 22: Connection refused

Is there another magic incantation I have missed that will get this working?

For reference I used to have the Sky Router with the same wired/wifi set up and that worked, so I'm pretty certain the trouble is the vodafone connect router.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

A

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Happily I can now report this has been fixed.

I am now running the vodafone router on

Firmware version: 5.4.8.1.291.1.30.1.19

And the nas is fully accessible from all wifi/lan linked devices

Score one for Vodafone!

View more options
8 REPLIES 8
4: Newbie

I believe this is a well known issue with the Vodafone router reinforced by the fact that it previously workedwith another router.

Your best option is to leave Vodafone if you are within your trial period or obtain your username and password and use a more capable router (perhaps your previous one).

View more options

Chatted with vodafone rep, they have confirmed the router is at fault and they will give out my access credentials if I tell them which "BT" approved router I will use.

I told them it was the Sky one and they catagorically refused to give out the credentials as that was a competitors router.... although it is BT approved, it is not Vodafone approved!

Any recommendations for a good router that has support for running a Nas on internal network?

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

I have been using one of THESE with the latest firmware for several months without issues. It is now somewhat cheaper than when I purchased one and sorts the ISP settings out automatically if you choose BT as the ISP.

View more options

Happily I can now report this has been fixed.

I am now running the vodafone router on

Firmware version: 5.4.8.1.291.1.30.1.19

And the nas is fully accessible from all wifi/lan linked devices

Score one for Vodafone!

View more options
2: Seeker

I have the same issue. Just moved to Voda from Sky and now I am unable to connect to my Asustor Nas from my Windows 10 Laptop (can access through a web interface and mobile apps). My firmware version is 5.4.8.1.291.1.30.1.32.1.2. Please help!

View more options
13: Advanced Member

@medand wrote:

I have the same issue. Just moved to Voda from Sky and now I am unable to connect to my Asustor Nas from my Windows 10 Laptop (can access through a web interface and mobile apps). My firmware version is 5.4.8.1.291.1.30.1.32.1.2. Please help!

If you can ping the NAS from the Windows 10 Command Prompt, in File Explorer enter  \\192.168.x.y on the top line and press enter, where 192.168.x.y is the IP address of the NAS

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi

Did you get a solution to this please?

i also moved from sky to vodafone and whilst the router sees the asustor  it wont connect.

the router sees the ip address of the nas as 192.168.1.15

the asustor nas sees its own ip address as192.168.0.22

when i try and change in the asustor command center the ip address and sub gateway from 0.22 and 0 to 0.15 and 0.... respectively, it wont let it be applied and i get an error message “the default gateway is not on the same network segment (subnet) defined by the ip address and subnet mask . (Ref 5302).  Same problem and error message if i try and get it to configure ip automatically.

Please help!

View more options
14: Advanced member

If you've set the subnet and IP on the Asustor nas to fixed values and the IP is outside of the range used by the VF router you'll need to connect from a PC to the NAS directly using a cable (you'd have to set the IP settings of the PC in the connection properties to match those of the NAS in order for it to work).  If you can get in this way then set the NAS to obtain it's IP from the VF router in future.  Once you've done that, in future you should be able to get in using either ACC (Asustor Control Center) or AEC (Asustor Ez Connect).

*That should get you in, and get backups and the like working.  As for UPnP, I only really got back to normality once I stopped using the VF router!  FYI, my Asustor NAS is a rather ancient AS202-TE, which is used as a weekly second line backup device, while my on the fly backups are handled by the Rock64 SBC!  **As with everything I try to keep anything likely to be used by more than me to be completely idiot proof and maintenance free, so all my shares on the NAS are setup using AEC!

View more options