main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Other broadband queries

broadband Router

Highlighted
2: Seeker

My broadband is being upgraded next week; the (new) router has arrived today, can I use it straight away or must I wait until the upgrade is carried out?

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Are you moving from another ISP to Vodafone  ?

Has Vodafone given you an activation date which is usually 10 days from the date you placed your order @jimhrvy  ?

If so plug it in and see.

How-long-will-it-take-to-activate-my-Vodafone-Broadband. 

" It will take approximately 10 working days for your Vodafone Broadband to be active from the date that you place your order. However, it is important to remember that this time can vary depending on any engineering work which is required. This will be confirmed in your service confirmation letter.

You’ll be asked at point of sale on what date you’d like the services to be connected, and we’ll notify you if this changes for any reason. "

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

I am already with vodafone; my 18 month contract has ended and decided to get a faster (broadband) speed.

The activation date, suplied by Vodafone, is next wednesday; just keen to get the (new) router up and running!

Judging by the comments it's a step from the current on I am using!

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @jimhrvy 

If you new router is compatable and registered to your account you should be able to set it up and start using, you have probably been sent one of the new improved routers.  You will need to add the new router to the broadband application and should be good to go after set up.

View more options
Highlighted

What do mean by "adding the outer to the Broadband application"? 

View more options
Highlighted

As far as I'm aware @jimhrvy  the Vodafone Connect Router is a plug and play affair.

Plug it in and it should work.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @jimhrvy 

Please see here: Broadband Application 

View more options