main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

broadband connected, no internet.

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
3: Seeker

My router has a green light on Wi-Fi and internet, I am connected to the Wi-Fi on my mobile but no internet. Done all the usual troubleshooting, does anyone have any other ideas. Got a 3 hr wait on a call back from Vodafone. I was with BT  and had no issues with them, I am still in my cooling off period with Vodafone and reading a few comments on here they seem to have a few issues. Is it worth cancelling Vodafone while I can and going back to BT. Appreciate any info or opinions. Thanks.

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think the DNS servers are dead - see my post

View more options
9 REPLIES 9
2: Seeker

I have the same problem this morning. 

View more options
2: Seeker

Same here, useless 2day!

View more options

I think the DNS servers are dead - see my post

View more options
1: Seeker

I have the same problem. Activation date was 21 Jan. Been in touch twice. Still no internet. Thinking of canceling and going back to my old supplier. 

View more options

I followed what spikmeister recommended and change the dns to googles. Worked straight away. Would have been nice of Vodafone to actually put out a notice saying they were having issues. I will give it another week and if I get any other issues I am going back to BT. More expensive but more reliable.

View more options
14: Advanced member

its just a normal day for vodafone customers 

View more options
4: Newbie

Not sure about that they've got half a million broadband customers or something now. My DNS was not working intermittently yesterday first fault in 6 months so not too bad.

View more options
14: Advanced member

Run a speed test at dinner time and then run one at 9.30pm and look at the difference 

View more options

Close to 20mb sometimes 😯😯

View more options