main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

broadband slowing down the longer it stays connected.... disconnections and lot of errors

4: Newbie

so after many chats and calls got an engineer out all he did was charge port on cabinet all was ok for a day then it all started again brought new modem tp link 2800  no good still lots of errors and disconnections so tried my old  tp link w9980 I had tried it before but still couldn't hold connection  .. but this time its been stable for almost two days..

this is where you guys come in can I use w9980 as a modem and  the  ac2800 as a router if so how do I this any links to video would help thanks 

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
14: Advanced member

First up, after "changing the port"/resetting your connection at the cabinet, you are probably going to be facing upto 10 days while the modem/router and cabinet form a stable relationship - just like when you first signed up.  So you may find that if you continue to use your VR2800 it will become increasingly reliable.  So you might still want to consider that.

According to some forums you should be able to set up the W9980 as a modem using the same technique as was used for the W9970 https://www.tp-link.com/uk/faq-1332.html - as I don't have one of these to hand I can't tell if this actually works though.  Failing that, you should be able to set up the VR2800 as an access point and disable the WiFi on the W9980.

Keep us updated, on what solution works, or at lest looks the most promising!

View more options

almost three days without losing connection speed as dropped little but it doesn't slow down in the evening.. only a few errors less than 100 was in the 1000s

this is with w9980 ... going to put ac2800 back in on its own give it another go ill let you know how it goes ..

View more options

@deltafx Hey there. If you do need any further help or information, please don't hesitate to contact us here. Joe

View more options

so after engineer visit i continued to use tp link vr2800  in hope line would settle down.. then get text off tec two team  after couple of days saying great news we have FIXED your service and everything is now back to normal ....if your still having problems please get touch .Got in touch by chat told them need to let tec team two know i still have problems ....he said would and promised many times ill get tec team to call you promise they will call you ...guess what .they didn't call i also ask for copy of chat guess what he did not send it ..i asked as i was using my own router would need do update settings there end as a mod on this forum as said .guess what load of [Removed] only need user name and password which i have ..tectwo team closed my case as they say i didn't get in touch . told them about chat and all the promises made to let them know ..they said you should of rang ..also they said can you put vf router back in so we can test your line to see if there is any problems .....OH MY GOD PULLING MY HAIR OUT ALL DELAYING TACTICS ....just read my chats from earlier its still same problem ... now made complaint put vf router back in and told someone will contact me within 48 hours ......yeah right !!!

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

View more options

I’m really sorry that  you’ve not had a great experience @deltafx, and It’s disappointing that you’ve had to contact our Customer Relations team about this. I’m confident they’ll help to get things resolved for you.

If there’s anything else we can do in the meantime, please let us know.

Blair

View more options