Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

connecting CCTV for Android mobile app

pbjacko1950
4: Newbie

Changed from Sky to Vodafone and now the CCTV I could watch through my smartphone App doesn't work.So I need to change the settings, firstly in the router to allow the CCTV to connect and relay the video to my phones app. I'm totally lost on how to do this..I can't set up the app to connect because there's nothing coming through the router. I have a COBRA cctv  and it's wired to my router, and the my tv, and the Video recorder, I just haven't been able to figure how and what to set up.. Can anyone help ?

26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @pbjacko1950 This does sound odd! Have you spoken to CCTV manufacturer to see if there are any specific steps you need to take to pair a new router? You've said that nothing is coming through the router,  are you able to connect to the internet on other devices?

what I meant to say was there's no cctv getting through the router to my app on my phone. I need to change the settings on the router to allow the cctv to send video to me android app, but don't know what settings to change and with what info. I can see the cctv on my tv but because i;ve changed routers i've lost the settings and the guywho installed the cctv cannot call round to set it all up because of covid.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Which smartphone app are you using?  It's possible that you'll either need a static IP or use a DDNS service if the app connects directly and not through managing server?

Smart Eyes pro for android...mobile viewer through smartphone...

i'm struggling to set up the router for port forwarding tbh. i don't have a router owners manual

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@pbjacko1950 wrote:

i don't have a router owners manual

As far as I can tell, nobody does!!

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

There's a PDF copy of our Broadband setup guide online @Jayach. This includes information regarding your router. 

Jayach

Thanks @Mark. I had already found that guide but it's for the older router, I (and I suspect the OP) have the current router the THG3000 (Vox3)

Stubbo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Cheers for the reply @Jayach Could you please try the following steps? Then let me know how you get on! 

1.        Go on to your computer and enter the number 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of your browser, this should take you to the log in page for the router and not a search result page.
  2.        The password you need to log in is 'vodafone' all lower case 

(otherwise please try the password on your router)

1.        Once logged in, in the top right corner you'll see that it's set to Basic Mode. Click the drop-down and change it to Expert Mode.