main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

discount

2: Seeker

hello do i still get discount on my broadband if i use an after market router

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
17: Community Champion

A person is free to use whichever Router they wish to @eszter@

This wouldn't affect any promised discount.

Your still using Vodafones services. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
2: Seeker

Yes I know that you can use any router but would they say because your using an aftermarket router we can not monitor it to give you the discount 

View more options
14: Advanced member

I switched from the VF router back to my old Asus RT-AC68U and Draytek Vigor 130 around about the start of June.  I'm still getting the discount, so somehow I'm still able to trigger it.  Whether it's monitored remotely or somehow triggered by my checking the sync speeds I don't know.

*The whole new build estate I'm on has major connectivity problems (and no more lines available) which OpenReach are planning to deal with by re-provisioning the entire estate some time next year.  So switching here would not be an option as doing so could even lose us our connection to the cabinet!

View more options
12: Established

I read that you had to apply for the discount via the app, which then connected to the router to determine sync speeds.  This could only happy if the VF router was being used.

That said, you could attach the router once per month, request the discount, and then revert to your prefered router.

View more options
14: Advanced member

My VF router hasn't been connected to the wall socket in months!  Though that said Openreach now calculate that the absolute maximum speed our cabinet is capable of is just 55Mbps.

View more options