Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

double billed

nperkins
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

We signed up for Vodafone broadband today and installed the app on my phone.
when i checked the app and then subsequently the website it said that our estimated upcoming bill was twice what we signed up for . The second amount was in braodband, additional charges, other, and marked as fixed broadband line rental. we were told that line rental was included in our orignal price.

could someone put my mind at rest at what is already a pretty stressful time

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @nperkins 

All line rental is paid a month in advance, the charges will be proratered to bring you in line with the monthly billing date, you will have more than a months line rental and will have been billed part of a month, plus one full month.

As you only signed up, the charges will be unbilled, when you have received the bill and have something to go on, you will be able to see the dates you have been billed.  If you are still unclear, you will be able to query this with Vodafone. 

Please see this link:  What's included in my first Home Broadband bill? 

Ok I've tried getting through, no joy.

As far as I was aware, our first bill should have been the quoted price including line rental, the second amount appears a whole extra bill on top of it with very little clarification.

I u dersntad we pay at the beginning of the month but we appear to be paying twice this month.

So with what.you said, when the actual bill comes through it should be lower than what they have estimated?

AnnS

Hi @nperkins 

You haven't been billed for the charges, and you need to wait until the bill is generated, it usually makes more sense when you are able to see the billing dates and itemised charges.

As a general rule you will be paying part of a month pro ratered, plus one full month in advance for the following month.

That's great cheers. 

Everythings a nightmare at the moment in the country and for me personally, at least you've been able to help clear one thing off my list.