main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

email from ipabuse

JonOxford
2: Seeker

Hi,

A colleague of mine who, like all of us, is working at home at the moment, uses Vodafone for her broadband.

About a month ago she received an email from ipabuse (at vodafone) saying that one of the computers on her network was compromised and that if she didn't sort it out they would disconnect her connection.

This looked like a scam / phishing email and she ignored it.

I'm sure you can guess what happened next - Vodafone disconnected her.

So, what needs to be done now to get her back online? Would it easier / quicker to just switch broadband provider?

Thanks for any support or advice you can offer.

Jon

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Mark

Hey @JonOxford We'd need to speak to the account holder directly to take a look into this and take the steps to get her reconnected. Ask her to get in touch with us by calling 191 from any Vodafone number, reach out to our Live Chat team, or pop us a message through one of our social channels and we'll be happy to help.

View more options
JonOxford
2: Seeker

Thanks Mark. Yes, she tried that. She was told by customer support that her account is locked by ipabuse, and they cannot unlock it.

View more options
Mark

Sorry for any confusion @JonOxford, the Customer Services team may not be able to remove this directly for her, but they should be to provide contact details for the team who can. Ask her to pop our Social Media team a message explaining the issue, along with a link to this thread and we'll get her in touch with the correct team. 

View more options