main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Other broadband queries

fibre service

2: Seeker

I am very confused with Vodafone fiber service,.Vodafone tells that fiber service covers my home.But I checked online shows that Vodafone uses openreach, on openreach website showed me I can't have fiber service.  FYI cable service( Virgin) doesn't cover my area either.
Can anyone tell me who I should trust? I can't understand why Vodafone can cover my area if both openreach&cable  are not working.  
What's the fair user policy for Vodafone super fiber 1&2? 
thanks

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
11: Established

I live in a non-cabled area and thus Virgin Media is not an option to me.  Virgin Media and the 'cabled' network apart though (nothing to do with Open Reach), more or less all broadband suppliers provide their home broadband services over Open Reach Fibre and copper phone lines.  Not all postcodes in the UK have fibre to the cabinet (FTTC) yet and even fewer have fibre to the premises /home (FTTP / FTTH).  You may be in an area still only served by copper wires.

How are you determining which broadband services are available to you?  A simple postcode check will provide a list of suppliers and services available to you.  

https://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/broadband/best-deals 

Choosing Broadband really is easy - for most, it comes down to nothing more complicated than price / cash back offers etc.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

I put my post code and address on broadbandchoice, it showed me lots of providers has fiber service , such as sky,Plusnet,Vodafone

But all the provider's own website said I can't have fibre except Vodafone.

My question is 

can Vodafone really provide fibre in my area?  Vodafone uses openreach to provide broadband service, but open reach doesn't have fibre in my area.

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

If the BT site says no availabity at your exchange then they are probably right.

View more options
Highlighted
13: Advanced Member

@Kkksfamily wrote:

I put my post code and address on broadbandchoice, it showed me lots of providers has fiber service , such as sky,Plusnet,Vodafone

But all the provider's own website said I can't have fibre except Vodafone.

My question is 

can Vodafone really provide fibre in my area?  Vodafone uses openreach to provide broadband service, but open reach doesn't have fibre in my area.

It may depend where you are. Some people can get the Vodafone Gigafast service.

View more options