cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

https requests diverted to contentcontrol.vodafone.co.uk which has an expired certificate

Dinny
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hiya, I have just moved to Vodafone Broadband

When I try and access box.com on my PC, I am correctly diverted to Box's http site to logon securely

This query seems to be intercepted by Vodafone's content control, which is fine, other than the fact their SSL certificate has expired, so my browser (all of them) then block the query, and it is not possible to add an exception

This appears to happen whether contentcontrol is activated or not

I presume that the only way to fix it is for Vodafone to renew their SSL certificate for the contentcontrol.vodafone.co.uk page, which expired in December 2018?

See photo:

Cheers Dinnycertexpired.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

On this occasion, the quick fix is usually to change your DNS servers.  Most commonly to Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, but other DNS services are available (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 are also popular).  Doing this though does (currently) completely disable VFs content control system!

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

On this occasion, the quick fix is usually to change your DNS servers.  Most commonly to Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, but other DNS services are available (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 are also popular).  Doing this though does (currently) completely disable VFs content control system!

Thanks Keith

Just to clarify:

do you mean swap the DNS servers in the IP settings of the PC, or on the router itself?

While I am more than happy to do that, I do worry that thousands of other people must be having similar issues, and don’t really understand why Vodafone have not renewed the SSL certificate in the last five months to prevent this happening to everyone?

Cheers

Dinny

Swapped the DNS servers on the router to Google’s, now works a treat

Read up a little and now understand that it is also incorrect info in the Vodafone DNS server, as well as their certificate being out of date

Seems that the issues have been there for some years, Shame on you Vodafone!

Most of their less IT aware users must be in a real mess... 😢

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think many of their less aware users are probably unaware that their internet is supposed to work any better!

I can't get onto website or app as it says too many redirections. Phone and broadband are Vodafone. Do you know how I can sort please?

Hi Emma1Scott - did you resolve this? I am having the same issue. 

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @trabecula, I've responded to your other post on a different post 😊