my internet keeps disconnecting

Sunshine12
4: Newbie

solved

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Blair
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

This sort of issue can be caused by a number of things. We'd really need to test your service to see what's actually happening. Just make sure the router is connected to the test socket inside the main BT master socket. Also, make sure you’re not using a telephone extension cable or something similar, as these are rarely well shielded and tend to cause problems.

@Sunshine12 and @Hssutton I've sent you both a private message with details on how to conatct us so we can make a start on testing your service.

Blair

View solution in original position

16 REPLIES 16

Hi,

I had same experience with disconect.

But I mean wrong is OpenReach.

I fixed with vodafone after seven days.

I am so disappointed. my son is so mad that every evening his game is disconnected. I was with plus net and never had any issues. I sign up with Vodafone and I like their service because I was with them few years ago and never had any issue on the same line. since I signed up on 10 July my line disconnect few times a day, my wiring are only 10 years old. so I do not understand the cause????

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Is it actually the internet dropping or the WiFi (a common problem with the vodafone router)?

If you or your son are tech minded you could set up a BQM at https://www.thinkbroadband.com  to monitor your Internet connection and collect evidence. 

Hi, my set up was old  BT FTC openreach modem  with Asus AX86U, I then removed them and used the VF temporary and so far so good no disconnection for 24 hours  but the ping on the game was above 100, mine is still bad but occasionally goes down to 6 which is good , WiFi is only connected to iPhones, everything is wired using latest cat7. So I ordered Drake Vigor 160 and will check it on Thursday and report back.

Update.

the disconnection is less now but the ping is very high between 5ish to 8pm. when I restart the pings goes to 7 but too many disconnections is not good for the router and you simply can not play a game.

Jayach

@Jak2 It would probably better to start your own thread, however there are a number of other threads with the same peak time problems.

• Go to Your Computer WiFi Network List where you are Connected with it Please Right Click on Your Network Name and click Forget.
  • Once Disconnected Please restart the computer
  • Now reconnect with the WiFi network using the wireless password and check the Box to Remember it.

If the above steps are done then go for Reset Wi-Fi AutoConfig service

##~##
[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic content, please see Community Guidelines]