Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

replacing supplied Vodafone router

900sport
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I want to replace the Vodafone router with my Asus DSLac68u can I still use the super wifi plus Alexa extender and the supplied 4G dongal.  The reason being the coverage of the Vodafone router +Alexa extender is no where near as good as my Asus.

3 REPLIES 3

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@900sport - When you’re using a third-party router, we’ll be unable to support or advise you on the set up. With you mentioning you're facing connection issues, we can take a closer look at this for you.

Please leave the Vodafone router connected and contact my team through Social Media. We can then run some tests. 

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

My understanding is that the extenders wouldn't work, but depending on the specific dongle it may be possible to set that up in fail-over mode on the DSL-AC68U.  In order to get fail-over to work properly though you may need to use the GNUTRON firmware on the router!

*Despite being an Asus fan, I wouldn't buy a DSL-AC68U, though I would use it if you already have it!

Asus GT-AX6000 router, Asus RP-AX56U mesh extender, Draytek Vigor 130 modem - May have access to some other Asus TP-Link and Netgear hardware!

Thanks for the advice.  Apologies for not replying sooner but I had password problems.  I've re-instated my Asus as the VF hub was giving so many varied, intermittent problems to get rid of it.  Rebooting it cured the problems for a day or 2 then they would slowly manifest themselves again.  I'm gladly foregoing the Alexa repeater and the fall over dongle.  Cheers