cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

router errors followed by the strangest live chat ive had.

teamrocket
4: Newbie

hello all this has been bugging the hell out of me all day. ive installed my new router provided by vodafone today. the event log is littered by red errors referrign to firewall and system. heres a video of my event log. if this is a normal event log please let me know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbBdNfvnNBM&feature=youtu.be 

i contacted the live chat team to get a resolution when the guy said this.

Vini: Could you please type 192.168.1.1 into your browser’s address bar (the place you normally type in a website)?
Carl: i have
Vini: Now the page must be asking for a password. The password is “vodafone” all in lower case.
Carl: its not because i changed it but im in the settings now
Carl: im using my new router
Carl: im in the overview
Vini: You should be able to see a picture of a router with information surrounding it including the devices which are currently connected. On the top right hand side of the screen you will see a drop down menu which is currently on “Basic mode”, Please change it to the “Expert mode”.
Carl: done
Vini: Please click “internet” in the red tabs across the top of the page, then go to “Firewall.”.
Carl: done
Vini: Once you get the firewall option please switch it "off".
Carl: done and applied
Vini: That is all that you were required to do it will bring an improvement in the issue you were facing.
Carl: but now ive turned my firewall off

Vini: may I know is the firewall currently off
Carl: it is now
Vini: It is a normal error
due to this the virus and treat gets quickly catches

That is the reason we suggest oiur customers to keep it off.
Carl: so all that red error in the event log is normal?
Vini: Yes, that's correct
Carl: and your suggesting i turn the firewall off? on the overview it says It is highly recommended that the Firewall setting remain ON.
Vini: I'm sorry that was a tying error please keep it on

Carl: why did youask me to turn the firewall off TWICE
Vini: Please keep that off
We do suggest you to keep it on to avoid multiple issue.

Carl: keep the firewall on or off?
Vini: Please click “settings” in the red tabs across the top of the page, then go to “Firewall.”.
Carl: i have
Vini: Yews, please keep it on

the guy literally told me to turn my firewall off twice. i said ok its off. its off now. so he would have read "OFF" atleast 4 times. then when i say why did you say turn it off he says oh it was a typing error.

how on earth can i work with people like this. whats his game plan?

3 REPLIES 3

teamrocket

hello all im wondering if anybody with the new router "thg3000" can help me.

is your event log always red showing firewall and system errors? is this normal on this router?

teamrocket

Can anyone tell me what these errors are?

[74448.885000] DROP(dest guest)IN=br-lan OUT=pppoe-wan MAC= src=192.168.1.123 DST=172.217.20.132 LEN=1378 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=63 ID=33850 DF PROTO=UDP SPT=50866 DPT=443 LEN=1358 MARK=0x9800

[74474.466000] MSSFIX(lan): IN=pppoe-wan OUT=br-lan MAC= src=143.204.192.78 DST=192.168.1.78 LEN=60 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=236 ID=0 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=443 DPT=52709 WINDOW=28960 RES=0x00 ACK SYN URGP=0 MARK=0x8009800

?? 

Im seeing the same issues as mentioned here, I take it the is no resolve for this as yet?

Many thanks