main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

third party router

Highlighted
4: Newbie

What  is the best router you can suggest to me that will work with vodafone, for someone that is a gamer.

i dont want to have a router and a modem running at the same time, i just want one that is plug and play.

I did find this router TP-Link AC2800 

would TP-Link AC2800  work and i wont have to run anything thing else with it?, plug and play?

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
13: Advanced Member

I would expect the TP-Link AC2800 Archer VR2800 to work as it is a VDSL2 router.  If it has a standard configuration for Plusnet I suggest that you use that.   I don't know how it compares to other products.  If you want further advice you could raise the subject on the forums.thinkbroadband.com website.

View more options
14: Advanced member
View more options
2: Seeker

I have Asus RT-AC66U. I must connect straight from phone socket or i have to use BT Openreach fibre modem(i got one) and plug via LAN do my router?

View more options
13: Advanced Member

@djrexy wrote:

I have Asus RT-AC66U. I must connect straight from phone socket or i have to use BT Openreach fibre modem(i got one) and plug via LAN do my router?

You would have to use a modem.  The Openreach HG612 3B is one of the possibilities.  You will need to ask Vodafone for your connection userid and password.  The router needs to be configured to use PPPoE. (Different arrangement from Sky)

View more options
2: Seeker
View more options