Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

using a third party router - Netgear D7000

meF
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I am unable to connect using my D7000 despite trying everything.  I have attached the screenshot of the settings, can anyone point out what on earth i am doing wrong?  i am unable to use a Vodafone router as i dont have one yet....they sent me an empty box.  Another one is on-route but wont arrive till tues.

voda.JPG

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Until an admin approves your screenshot we can't see it.....

Make sure that you use your DSL account settings by copying and pasting them from the email that you should have had support send you!

We are supposed to use PPPoE but PPoA should also work, you also need to set the VLAN tag to 101.

Now, according to many guides you'll also need to set up the VLAN tag priority to 2 - this may not be necessary, if it works, it works, if not leave it at zero!

That should be the basic of it all - though my own setup is different!

Prob easier to type it out...

Transfer mode - PTM(VDSL)

DSL Mode - VDSL

Use VLANID (box is checked) - 101

Priority (0 - 7) - 0

Encapsulation - PPoE

Login and Password has been typed in and not copied and pasted.  Confirmed twice by Vodafone Customer service

Connection Mode - Always on

Internet IP Address - Dynamically from ISP

Domain Name Server (DNS) Address - Get automatically from ISP

NAT (Network Address Translation) - Enable

Router MAC Address - Use default address

I checked my inbox and i didnt recieve an email from support with my DSL account setting i did recieve a standard 'Your Vodafone Broadband and Phone service goes live tomorrow' email which contains basic info with regards to using the Vodafone Router/broadband.

At this point i beginging to think im line isnt active (even though customer services said it was) as I ran the netgear genie app built into the router and its giving me connect your DSL cable to the router error even when i swapped out for a new one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The line not being active looks a good culprit!

Reason!  Even if the details were incorrect your router should detect the VDSL signal on the line, even if the username and password prevent it from making a connection!

machare
13: Advanced Member

I would set priority to '2' thought it may not matter.

The connection name should be in the format dsl000123456atbroadband.vodafone.co.uk with an 8 character password.  (where at is an @ sign) I would expect the router to show an active DSL connection and speeds even if you can't connect to the Vodafone router. It usually takes my router a couple of minutes to connect once the DSL connection is active.

How do we get Vodafone to email the credentials? I've spent over 3 hours on the phone with Vodafone, have been given two different set of details. They would only text not email them. Very frustrating couple of afternoons. 

machare
13: Advanced Member

@Alic5551983 wrote:

How do we get Vodafone to email the credentials? I've spent over 3 hours on the phone with Vodafone, have been given two different set of details. They would only text not email them. Very frustrating couple of afternoons. 

Try the chat instead. You still get the details in writing.

The chat feature is currently working due to the virus 

Dabbs
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Alic5551983, thanks for getting in touch. We're able to give these credentials for those who have an Openreach approved third party router. We'll need to access your account in order to pass these over. 

Please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker.