main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

vodafone app and router reporting significantly higher download speeds than actual achieved.

2: Seeker

Does anyone else have significant descrepancies between the vodafone app and router reporting download speeds circa 3 times higher than that reported from independent test sites?

View more options
5 REPLIES 5

How are you connected to the internet when performing these tests @User0405. When connected via WiFi, your speed can be affected by outside interference. 

Please try these tests again when connected via an ethernet cable.

View more options

The comparative tests were completed both using WiFi and a direct ethernet connection.

View more options

That's strange @User0405. What type of device did you run you hard wired speed test though and whilst running it, did you have your WiFi switched off and make sure no other devices were connected?

View more options

I'm not seeing "significantly" higher speeds, but external tests report that the connection is below the minimum guaranteed speed (47.51Mbps). The Vodafone router reports that speeds are just above that threshold (57Mbps). 

My day-to-day usage shows that the external site speed tests are more accurate - wired and wireless.

Let's just say that my bandwidth-hungry family are extremely annoyed at my decision to change ISPs.

View more options

So we can put you in touch with a member of our Broadband team @benlloyd, please get in touch by following the instructions in the private message I've sent.

View more options