main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Other broadband queries

whitelisting ip addresses

2: Seeker

need to whitelist 3 ip addresses to allow my credit card provider to run scans on my network without me having to take down the firewall

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

hi my credit card provider has run a scan on my broadband connection - failed the scan because its showing that the ssl certificate is not trusted?

how do i rectify?

View more options
Highlighted
16: Advanced member

just to be clear here, I have to assume that you are running a website that takes payments.  Whitelisting 3 IP addresses is not going to solve any issue regards your site having an invalid SSL certificate!

DO NOT CALL WHOEVER CALLED YOU ON ANY NUMBER YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN.  CALL YOUR CREDIT SERVICES PROVIDER ON THEIR SUPPORT NUMBER AS I FEAR YOU ARE BEING SCAMMED!

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Keith. Don't worry it is not a scam. I have a credit card machine connected to my router. Every 6 months the card company first data runs a scan to test for vulnerability. And we failed the last scan on issues to do with the SSL cert. 

These are 2 separate issues.

First ineed to whitelist 3 IP addresses to allow the scan to occur without me having to take down my firewall, which is what I am currently having to do. Previously for another terminal i just phoned Vodafone and they did it for me, bit can't get them to do it over the phone this time. 

Secondly want to address why I failed the scan, which is all too do with the SSL cert. 

View more options
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Hey @Tars23 - to take a look into getting these IPs whitelisted, we'll need you to contact us securely. Please message us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

View more options