Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Chat 655 - PC Suite & Software Update

Rob_Dutton
2: Seeker

I recently brought the Vodafone Chat 655 for my fiance as her existing phone is now playing up. On pages 57 & 58 of the User Manual it states to go to www.vodafone.com/vodafonechat to download the PC Suite and Software Update. On going to this page on the site there is only the user manuals in various languages.

Where can I get this software for the phone so that she can keep backups of her data; customise her phone with images, animations and melodies; Manage her music; Messaging so she can compose SMS/MMS easily and transfer to her phone.

Do I need to go to some other site or tell me when in may be appearing on the website page www.vodafone.com/vodafonechat ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for letting me know. I have now downloaded and installed.

Thank you for your help and resolving the subject. I will be able to keep my fiance's phone up to date and backed up.

Yours

Robert Dutton

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Rob_Dutton,

I’ve emailed a colleague to see where you can get the PC Suite and any firmware updates.

As soon as I hear anything, I’ll post back to you.

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for getting back to me. I wait to hear back from you.

Rob Dutton

Hi Rob, 

I've heard back this morning.

If you use the link from your initial post, the PC Suite is now available to download.

Cheers, 

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for letting me know. I have now downloaded and installed.

Thank you for your help and resolving the subject. I will be able to keep my fiance's phone up to date and backed up.

Yours

Robert Dutton

Thank you again for sorting out the Vodafone PC Suite for the Vodafone Chat. Is there a Software Upgrade Tool avaliable for checking for upgrades for the Vodafone Chat 655/655W Software. This is because recently the phone as begun to drop out of installed applications like Facebook, and installed games and returning to the menu.

We took the phone to a Vodafone shop near us and the assistant told us the phone needs a software upgrade and that he could send the phone away for it to be done at no charge.

Checking the User manual available is says on page 58 (21.2 Vodafone Chat 655/655W Software Upgrade) that the Software Upgrade Tool can be downloaded from the website (www.vodafone.com/smartchat) but on going to this I find only the user manuals in various languages and the Vodafone PC Suite.

Therefore when will the Software Upgrade Tool for the Vodafone Chat 655/655W be available to download or do we need to have the phone sent away for the software to be upgraded.

Yours faithfully

Rob Dutton

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Rob,

Apologies for the delay, we appear to have missed your post.

Is everything sorted now? Let us know if we can help further.

Best wishes,

Jenny 

Since posting, we have now had the phone exchanged for a different make and model due to no response despite posting three times on the software upgrade utility and the problem with the Chat 655.

Rob_Dutton

This my third posting on this subject of Software Upgrade for the Vodafone Chat 655/655W as no single tech person of your team has replied on this subject despite the eForum states that someone will get back within 24 HOURS.

This was originally posted over two weeks ago.

Will one of your tech guys get back to me on this AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. :manfrustrated:

Thank you again for sorting out the Vodafone PC Suite for the Vodafone Chat. Is there a Software Upgrade Tool avaliable for checking for upgrades for the Vodafone Chat 655/655W Software. This is because recently the phone as begun to drop out of installed applications like Facebook, and installed games and returning to the menu.

We took the phone (Mobile is on Pay as You Go) to a Vodafone shop near us and the assistant told us the phone needs a software upgrade and that he could send the phone away for it to be done at no charge.

Checking the User manual available is says on page 58 (21.2 Vodafone Chat 655/655W Software Upgrade) that the Software Upgrade Tool can be downloaded from the website (www.vodafone.com/smartchat) but on going to this I find only the user manuals in various languages and the Vodafone PC Suite.

Therefore when will the Software Upgrade Tool for the Vodafone Chat 655/655W be available to download or do we need to have the phone sent away for the software to be upgraded.

Yours irate

Rob Dutton