Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Z10 Blue screen of death.

CustomIce
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I was using my Z10 about 10 days ago as normal. woke it up to check the time while watching the TV, swiped the screen, and it went blue. At the time I thought to myself "that looks a lot like a windows BSOD". 

Z10 powered off, so I power it back on only to get another identical blue screen.

A third attempt after a battery pull and cool down, not that it was particualrly hot. 

This time I once again got blue screen, and scrambled colours at the top portion of the screen.

It shut down and will no longer power on.

I have read that this seems to be a known issue with the Z10, I'm not 100% on when it was last backed up, so I stand to lose a few bits and bobs, most of the important stuff was on the microSD.

So I've arranged for VF top send a bag out to repair, this has taken over a week to arrange.

Originally organised fo rthis ont he Saturday after it died with online chat assistance. Who were more interested in getting me to pay more money for an early upgrade, under a month left, than actually dealing with my issue. 

I have had to call VF today to get someone to post a bag! I've no time in the week to leave work to get my phone to the store.

Part of my major gripe here is I am now using my old phone, with no internet/email access as the plan no longer supports it (Bold 9700) and i've been stuck for over a week waiting on a repair postage bag to arrive, which would never have turned up unless I pestered.

The repair my be a quick turnaround, but i'll see how long it actually takes. I've been told up to 14 days is the norm, which takes me perrilously close to the end of my contract, and the way I feel about this right now it will be the end of the relationship with Vodafone, shame as I've been relatively happy-ish with VF for well over a decade.

I guess what I'm getting at is the disorganised customer service and apperent disinterest in me and the issue I have. Some joined up thinking might have led to me being provisioned witht he data portion of the service that I'm actually paying for but no longer able/authorised to use.

2 REPLIES 2

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @CustomIce ,

I'm sorry to see there was a delay getting your original repair pack out.

If you need my team to address your feedback on an account level, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Thanks,

Ben

Thanks,

I've followed your instructions and will now wait a response.