main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay as you go

1gb data through topping up on the app

4: Newbie

I had a message from Vodafone in the middle of January saying if I top up through the app I will receive 1gb of data next month ie February. My bundle ended on the 22nd January and started on the 23rd so I topped up through the app a couple of days before it ended. It’s now the 8th of February and I’m still waiting. Whether I need the 1gb or not is not the point it’s the principle of they offer you something then they should honour it. Also I never received the 50 extra points this month for buying a bundle. Thinking they’ed done away with it I checked the t&c and you still get them. As for the 1gb of data I now get messages saying if I top up through the app with a credit/debt card I’ll receive 1gb on March and I know last month it never mentioned topping up through credit/debt card. Vodafone have till the 15th February to honour it or I’ll be phoning for my pac. 

View more options
10 REPLIES 10
17: Community Champion

Hi @Kevin6062

There has been some recent threads about the 1gb of data given as a perk if topped up through myvodafone. 

1gb-extra-data-for-topping-up-through-the-app-in-November.

What has customer services on 191 or Live Chat advised as they can access your Account. 

You can certainly as for a Pac at anytime due to the payg tariff your on.

Please do however check that any alternative network gives you good signal and data speeds where you live work and commute by using a Payg SIM card from that network. 

I understand your unimpressed and venting and hope your call or online.chat brings clarity and resolution. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
13: Advanced Member

The offer during November omitted the requirement to use a card when topping up through the app - I suspect they simply forgot to mention it, as there was a very considerable delay before I got my December 1GB (from a voucher topup), but it did pop out of the woodwork about half way through the month.

When they started advertising the same deal for a January top-up, I looked at the terms (which were linked to from the app), and to my amusement this time around they had remembered to mention the requirement to use a card. My 1GB from my January card topup came through on 4 Feb.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/consumer/mobile/offers-and-promotions/topup-1gb-prom...

I'm afraid you do have to read the terms for these things, as there is inevitably some small print. Back in November they almost certainly plain forgot to mention a card, but they did catch up and honour it eventually. This time, I fear you're unlikely to get your hoped-for 1GB.

View more options

Well I’m 100% sure when I got message last month it said 1gb extra data for topping up through the app and no mention about having to top up with credit/debt card only time it mentioned credit/debt card was for topping up and get 1gb on March. Vodafone and o2 share masts in my area so service is very good difference is o2 offer 5gbs for £15 what do Vodafone offer?? Nothing and if they did it would probably only be a laughable 2gbs when every other network offers at least 5 or 6 for that price so be phoning up Vodafone up later today instead of next week. I don’t want contact or sim only. If Vodafone want my custom then they should bring back a £15 bundle with at least 4gbs

View more options

I'm sorry to hear you've not recieved your 1GB @Kevin6062.

So we can look into this with you, please see my private message that i've sent you. This will advise you on how you can contact our team directly.

View more options

Thanks daneb but I’ve already phoned for my pac code. There’s 8 days left for Vodafone to offer me what I want and that’s something for £15 as they should never of done away with the £15 big value bundle. If they bring it back then I may consider staying. 

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not Very Happy About not Getting my 1 GB of data either,the bubble icon  on the app didn't state that you had to top-up using credit/debit card 

This is a very Misleading Promotion ,because when you hit top up on the bubble  it takes you to the voucher screen 

There was no T & Cs on the bubble  all I was offered was 250mb  as a gesture off goodwill by Vodafone when I complained ,which I rejected .......

View more options

Well I’ve just moved networks and will only consider moving back to Vodafone if they either offer something for £15 or give more for £10. I know when I swooped my sim in another phone the Vodafone app had same message saying top up through the app and get 1gb of data next month and no where did it state credit or debit card so I thought companies could be done for misleading or they should be.  

View more options

@Anonymouswrote:

Not Very Happy About not Getting my 1 GB of data either,the bubble icon  on the app didn't state that you had to top-up using credit/debit card 

This is a very Misleading Promotion ,because when you hit top up on the bubble  it takes you to the voucher screen 

There was no T & Cs on the bubble  all I was offered was 250mb  as a gesture off goodwill by Vodafone when I complained ,which I rejected .......

Yes, I fear I was mistaken when I said I'd found the terms via the bubble - I think I was so fascinated by the very long delay in getting my 1GB after I topped up by voucher during November, that I went looking for the terms when what looked like the same offer came around again. They tended to confirm my suspicion that they'd written the terms sloppily for the November promotion, but did eventually honour what they had offered.

Images below, which will presumably appear eventually, showing the bubble that I see today (cropped to remove my account details) and the screen to which I was taken. Also no terms visible on any of the screens that I got to from there, though I may have skewed those by adding a card to my account in January.

Screenshot_20180222_064232.JPG       Screenshot_20180222-064257.png  

Unless the terms are readily apparent, which they don't seem to be, this must come close to misleading advertising, possibly crosses the boundary.

The terms are referenced on https://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/bundles-and-sims/pay-as-you-go-plans/ but why should a current customer who is happy with their bundle be looking at that page?

View more options

And that’s one of the reasons I’ve left Vodafone because of the lies plus I wanted to pay less but have a decent amount of data. Vodafone clearly looks after new customers only ie 1gb and 6gbs bundle new customers are being offered an extra 4gbs and what do loyal customers get? You don’t get nothing for loyalty. When I phoned up Vodafone for my pac code I was offered a one off 50gbs to stay and I turned it down. I’ve been away from Vodafone now for 2days and surprised I’m still accessing my old account. 

View more options

@Kevin6062wrote:

I’ve been away from Vodafone now for 2days and surprised I’m still accessing my old account. 

Interesting! There's some rather bewildering discussion on https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/Delete-My-Account-How-to-delete-a-Pay-as-you-go-accoun... which suggests that the account may be around for some while - and, if you're still using the same number, they'd be able to send you the security code. I had a spare account which I let lapse, but I'd probably have given my home number as an alternative contact no. I must see if I can find the login details, and see if the account still exists, although the SIM packed up ages back.

View more options