cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

1gb extra data for topping up through the app in November.

Kevin6062
4: Newbie

Hi I had a message last month saying if I top up through the Vodafone app during November then I would receive 1gb of data in December. Well I always top up through the app and haven’t received the 1gb of data as promised. I topped up on the 23rd and my bundle started on the 24th Black Friday. And seeing new customers were offered 50gbs of data if they brought a bundle for Black Friday what about old customers? They should be looking after loyal customers too as there’s plenty of choice out there doesn’t take long to phone up for a pac. 

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Kevin6062

I believe the criteria is if you top-up in the app between 1st - 30th November 17 then 1GB of data is given free - to use in December.

If a customer tops up via the app during the promotion period they will send a confirmation message in the app. Theyll then send a message in December when they have added the data bundle. The bundle lasts for 30 days and they will send a message once it’s expired to let you know it’s ended.

This wouldnt be added to your usual data allowance but instead should I think show in the extras or bottom information and would kick in once youve exhausted your usual allowance. 

This is a one per customer offer i.e. if you topped up again you would not receive another 1gb.

Customer Services on 191 or Live Chat can access your Account to clarify whats been added. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@Kevin6062

Yes, I'm afraid I suffered exactly the same - the offer of 1GB if you topped up via the app was pretty much rammed down our throats during November! I've not usually topped up via the app, but decided I'd better give it a go, as the range of options had increased recently. Topped up three of the phones I look after - all three via the app, including borrowing two phones back from their regular users in order to do so - and absolutely nothing happened on any of the phones. I didn't get the acknowledgement message via the app, as @BandOfBrothers describes, so I wasn't entirely surprised when I didn't get the data.

The Ts&Cs said the 1GB would be applied by 4th December, so on 5th December I called 191 from my own phone, and after a very long pause while the adviser spoke to his supervisor, the data was added to my account. It took the best part of 3/4 hour from the point of being connected to the adviser, so don't expect it to be sorted out in the twinkling of an eye, but I'd suggest calling them (or using Live Chat) to get it applied.

Places to "look" for the data are the home page of the app, the Products and Services page of the app, the online account, or calling 2345 and listening to the recital of allowances - mine is now detectable by all of these routes. BTW, "bonus" items added to an account always get used before your regular allowances - otherwise you might not get any benefit from them!

I think we must be in a small minority having things go wrong, as yours is the first grumble I've seen. As a matter of interest, how did you top up? I used top-up vouchers, which is provided for in the app, but it crossed my mind that they were aiming to boost top-ups by credit/debit card. However, the Ts&Cs simply mentioned topping up via the app, and that's all that appeared in any of the publicity - so I definitely qualified. Must remind the other two users to pursue their missing 1GB!!

Kevin6062
4: Newbie

Well Annie it’s good you got your 1gb of data though you you to go through the hassle to get it. I topped up with a voucher through the app. My wife did the same and she got hers ok I think she got hers on the 3rd December. I constantly watching what other networks are offering and after o2 offered 5gbs for £15 recently I’m very tempted as Vodafone did away with there £15 big value bundle with is stupid as I feel they should offer something for £15. Plus the rewards are rubbish as everything has doubled in price. After all who’s going to spend 5000 points on a £25 John Lewis voucher?crazy in my opinion. No incentive to stay with Vodafone when there’s better deals out there

Annie_N

@Kevin6062

I reminded my husband to pursue his missing 1GB. He used Live Chat, and it only took 10 minutes - but the 1GB has arrived as 3 different Loyalty bundles, totalling 1GB, and lasting 2 days, 7 days and 7 days, all starting today. Sigh!

He also got 3 texts simultaneously, all saying "Hello. Just to confirm, we've added your ÄOrder Entry - Line Items.ProductÑ. You can keep track of much you have left by calling 2345 free from your Vodafone mobile or by using the handy My Vodafone app - available free from your app store. Visit www.vodafone.co.uk/loyaltybundles for more info and terms."

Anyhow, he has decided to leave it at that, but we might wait until nearer Christmas before trying to stir up the missing 1GB for the third line!

I've not seen the Loyalty Bundles info before - interesting!

Annie_N

@Kevin6062 During the course of yesterday afternoon all three of my phones received their confirmatory texts about their 1GB allowances, expiring on 11th January. So we're totally awash with data we're highly unlikely to use, as we live in an area of poor signal. We really needed it 4-8 December, when we were in a 4G area - and very exciting it was to have speedy data for a change! We'll have to go away for New Year, just to use a bit of the data.

I hope your allowance came through OK?

Thanks Annie I did get the 1gb data on Wednesday seems strange as im wondering if I never posted this message would I have received it?  I like being on Vodafone as we do have. Good 3G/4G here and it’s only Vodafone and o2 that has a decent 3G/4G where I am. The text says we have added your 1gb of data and is valued for 30 days. 

Annie_N

No, I don't believe there is any link between the forum account and one's phone account! I think it's more likely that there was a group of accounts where the 1GB fell into a hole for some reason, and someone identified and cleared them during the week. Probably only a small group, since you and I are still the only ones to have reported anything on the forum, though no doubt others sought help from CS.

Your probably right Annie. Glad it’s all been sorted now.