Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G Calling and Call Waiting for Pay As You Go

AdzCrawf2003
2: Seeker

Hello, i'd just like to address something. 4G calling and Call Waiting should be on Pay As You Go and that includes VOXI. Some Vodafone employees class it as a 'benefit' to pay monthly but it shouldn't be a 'benefit' to use our phones fully.

4G calling would allow us to have a better call quality and we'd be able to use data whilst on a call because at the moment, 3G is so defficient that it doesn't handle calls and date at the same time.

Please can a Vodafone employee get back to me?

I'd like a valid reason why this hasn't been introded and i'd like to know when it will be introuduced before 5G gets rolled out.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

AdzCrawf2003

Also Call Waiting would allow customers to put one call on hold whilst taking another one without having to say goodybyes before cutting them off to talk to someone else. It's a good idea to have conference calling and wifi calling as well. Conference calling is available on Three payg as well as well as 4G calling and Wifi Calling. Not having conference calling isn't the end of the world but if Pay Monthly customers have this then Pay As You Go should as well. All types of customers should get treated the same in terms of features. It's like not giving these features to a specific race which is unnaceptable.

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm really sorry to hear you feel this way @AdzCrawf2003, I understand how important it is to stay connected. I appreciate not having Wi-Fi Calling available on Pay as you go can be frustrating.

On Pay as you go as you're not tied into a contract, have you tried any other alternative networks for better coverage? You can check out any upgrades that are taking place, to improve the coverage in your location via our network status checker.

If you'd prefer for us to take a closer look into the signal in your area, please let me know your full postcode. We're constantly working to make sure all of our products and services are available to all of our customers.

It isn't just Wifi Calling. As mentioned in my post, 4G calling, Call Waiting, Conference calling and Call forwarding isn't available. This makes payg customers feel like peasants. If the network is very good, prove it by introducing these services. I have checked Three payg and they have all of these features. If you want to compete with them, it's a good idea to bring those features out. VOXI is a good start and it's a really good service to bring out but it doesn't meet acceptable standars because the features mentioned above are not available. I strongly believe in Equality. All customers should be treated the same. I won't stop beleiving in it.

I'd like to take this further as the services you offer to pay as you go customers aren't good enough.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with the range of services available to our Pay as you go customers @AdzCrawf2003. We'd like to discuss the options available to you further, as we'll need access to your account to do this, please contact us through the link in the private message I've sent you.