Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G Not working on my iPhone with a PAYG Bundle

mattdibben
2: Seeker

Hey,

Currently I am unable to get 4G on my iPhone. I am on a pay as you go bundle, and am sure I am in a 4G area as my mother who has a contract is able to get 4G in all the places I only get 3G.

I have updated the APN settings multiple times, and my voice and data setting is also set to 4G.

Any soultions would be greatly appreciated

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

First as a process of elimination can you try your sim card in your Mums phone. 

It's been recently discussed that some accounts especially payg need to have 4g turned On in the account which customer service on 191 or live Chat can do. 

If needed come back here a d I'm sure the Vodafone Social Media Teams will try to help too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

The problem is frequently that 4G is turned on, but there's some problem with how it has been enabled. CS will see that it is turned on, and don't seem able to progress beyond that point.

Solutions are to get CS to turn it off, then re-enable it, or to disconnect the account from the network and reconnect it, then the provisioning of 4G should work correctly. Quite why no-one tells CS about this is something of a mystery.

mattdibben

Thanks for the help guys, I managed to get it fixed after spending about 5 hours to a very rude customer service man who became even more rude when I requested a refund as this is simply unacceptable.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mattdibben I'm sorry to hear you had problems with your 4G but glad this has now been resolved for you. Did the adviser discuss a potential refund with you and was this actioned at all? Is there anything else you still need help with regarding this?