Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G Problem After Porting Number

Sarahsmummy1982
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, I ported my number to Vodafone today from another network.  However, I haven’t been getting 4G signal on my phone since my number transferred yet the sim was showing 4G before my number went over. Can anyone solve this please. My area has good 4G coverage I know because I was with Vodafone before and my phone has all correct settings and is set on the 4G option but not showing ‘4G’ at top of phone where signal is. I have an iPhone 5s.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Sarahsmummy1982

This could be the porting in files still settling. 

However it wouldn't harm to ask Vodafone Customer services to check that 4G is activated on your account. 

Try also choosing a different network in the phones connections settings and then re choose Vodafone which should help to refresh the network connection.

As a process of elimination can you insert your SIM card in another phone to see if 4G is attained. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Sarahsmummy1982 thanks for speaking with us, @BandOfBrothers is absolutely right! We're more than happy to double check the account to make sure 4G is added on to your plan. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Hello

I have just ported my number from EE to Vodafone due to working on the Yorkshire Coast UK. I have put over my number but I cannot get 4G on my PAYG phone. I have also been on Live Chat and no luck. I was able to get 4G on my phone before I ported to Vodafone. So please help.

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@No1allstar This may be down to general coverage or a network issue in the area rather than a porting fault. We'll need to take a closer look into this for you, please send us your details following the steps in this private message so we can check all avenues first.