Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G connection issue

denunes
1: Seeker

I got a sim card yesterday and since them never could connect on 4G. 

I tryed five times get support from live chat but the solutions were, remove the sim card, reboot the phone and clean the sim !!!

I was using a sim card from Orange (France) until yesterday (connected by O2 without any problem). 

And the problem is not related to postecode, phone, apn, because during chat support we already tested everything. 

I want my money back because I will buy a sim from another carrier, a simple situation became a nightmare !!!

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Sorry to hear of your issues.

What we have seen is that some Vodafone UK Customer Accounts needed the 4G turning On in their accounts. 

Vodafone Customer service on 191 can do this. 

We also have a Vodafone Social Media Teams who maybe able to help once they've caught up with your thread. 

In regards to cancelling a person on Pay monthly or Sim free can cancel without penalty within the first 30 days of taking out a contract. After that there is an Early Exit Fee. 

The link below advises how to give notice and or use a Pac to take a mobile number to a new network. 

Please leave any direct debit in place until the bill that takes 2-4 weeks to produce is paid and until a Sorry your Leaving letter and final £0 bill has arrived. 

For people on Pay As You Go then just not using the sim card for 180 days + another 90 days usually leaves the sim card cancelled automatically. 

Vodafone do not refund Unused Credit or unused allowances. 

Hiw to cancel your Vodafone account.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

What we have seen is that some Vodafone UK Customer Accounts needed the 4G turning On in their accounts. 

Vodafone Customer service on 191 can do this. 

But the problem is that, when CS look at the affected PAYG accounts, they see that 4G is already turned on, so they spend ages on the "reboot the phone / remove the SIM / clean the SIM / wait 24 hours" business, when what the customers need is to have the 4G turned off then on again, or possibly the whole account turned off then on again.

Unless Vodafone get their act together, and make sure that 4G is properly enabled on new PAYG accounts, or at very least ensure that CS are properly briefed on this issue, they undercut the whole value of these accounts, particularly to short-term visitors who find that they have invested £10 or more in a SIM which doesn't do the business. Telling the victims that they can't have a refund is all well and good if the SIM/account is fit for purpose, but the current epidemic of 4G problems, and the ignorance of CS on the matter, means that Vodafone is failing to honour their side of the contract implied by the Ts&Cs.

Since the exceptionally good value of Vodafone International on PAYG only makes sense if it is aimed to attract short-term visitors, perhaps Vodafone needs to have a long hard think about whether they actually want short-term PAYG customers. There's actually increasing evidence in the PAYG airtime conditions that they don't want non-UK customers, but generally they don't seem to act on their own rules in this respect.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@denunes It's really disappointing to hear you're having problems connecting to 4G and we'll be happy to take a closer look into this for you. So we can help you further, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us 😊