Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G not working after porting

Hynisel_28
2: Seeker

I recently moved to Vodafone from another network operator, after that the number was moved the 4G connect stopped to work, I have been in touch with customer service and customer care after that I open a complaint,

after almost three weeks the problem still not solved I tried everything:

-Apn 

-Lte/4G active on my handset (iPhone 6s)

-tried three different LTE handset  

-Selected manually another network operator and then Vodafone again

-No issue about coverage in the area, my friends/colleagues with Vodafone can use 4G while I cannot.

The customer care stated that the 4G is not registered but no one has been able to solve it from their end,

I was very happy when I moved to Vodafone and I was impressed by the quality of the service but not I'm very disappointed, the 4G is the main reason for me to port in my number and for three weeks already I'm unable to use it and no one seems to be able to solve the problem.

Update: I spoke with the technical department, their suggestion is to do another sim swap and to request a 4G sim card (?), I will try although I personally think all the new sim cards are 4G sim card if I'm not wrong.

18 REPLIES 18

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Hynisel_28

Yes the current sim cards provided for mobile phones are 4G compliant. 

I assume where you are 4G is available and shows as so via the Vodafone uk-coverage-map.

Are you able to connect to the internet using 3G ?

In your iPhone's network connection settings is 4G / Lte definitely toggled On ?

As a process of elimination can you insert your sim card in another phone and see if 4G works and then another known to be working sim card in your iPhone to see if 4G works. 

As you have recently ported these files may still be settling down. Personally i would hold off on a SIM Swap for now as your getting signal and I assume 3G data speeds so ask them to check your account settings again to ensure its all activated and if necessary ask the Vodafone Porting Teams to look.at your account and or refresh your account. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandofBrothers

Thank you for your reply,

-Yes I'm in a 4G area

-Yes the 3G is working fine

-4G/LTE is active in my Handset settings

-I tried the sim card in 3 different LTE handsets 4G doesn't work

Regarding the porting, the number was ported three weeks ago, I have been in touch with customer service and customer care during those weeks, they said that 4G was not registered on my sim card, I was told to wait for 24hrs and they would be active it for me but still not working, I have already done one sim swap as per their request and before to do again I prefer to check other options as I can't see any point to do another swap as all the sim cards currently should be 4G.

On the temporary number (Vodafone Uk number before the porting of my number from another network the 4G was working).

BandOfBrothers

Feom what you say then its very most likely an account based issue. 

I concur that performing another sim swap imo will be fruitless. 

Vodafone Customer Services on 191 either need to flush your account to reset it or pass it onto a Super User to sort. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Hynisel_28

Most likely, 4G has not been added to your account profile when the number ported over.

Wait for one of the Team here on the forum to pick this up and contact you, they will be able to get the service added to your account.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Hynisel_28 We'd be happy to check the account side of things and get your 4G data up and running ðŸ˜„

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. Once you've contacted us using the link, a member of the team will be able to look into this. 

Hi I  also have the same problem, kindly help me please. I got my number transfer today, but no LTE 4G connection. I would appreciate your help!!

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Of course we can @joshualevy84 ðŸ˜Š

Please contact us directly using the link in my private message

steve8921

Sorry to add to someone elses thread...but it seems the quickest way to get this sorted.

i have the same porblem....No 4g after porting in to Vodafone.

I've tried 2 other vodafone SIMs in my phone ... 4g works.

I'm in a 4G area .. not service problems at the moment.

My phone was working with 4G before porting.

I suspect that the problem is with my account......I was with Vodafone previously until 2011!

My new SIM is, I suspect, associated with that accouint.

My account needs to be upgraded to 4G, refreshed, reset or whatever the technical term is.

I have been tro' this on live chat with no luck.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this sorted?

Many Thanks

Cheers

Steve

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@steve8921 - You’re in the right please! I’m sorry you’ve not had this fixed when you’ve previously contacted us. It sounds like 4G may have been removed from your account. We’ll check this for you. Please get in touch with us by following the steps in this private message.