Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G not working after porting

Hynisel_28
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently moved to Vodafone from another network operator, after that the number was moved the 4G connect stopped to work, I have been in touch with customer service and customer care after that I open a complaint,

after almost three weeks the problem still not solved I tried everything:

-Apn 

-Lte/4G active on my handset (iPhone 6s)

-tried three different LTE handset  

-Selected manually another network operator and then Vodafone again

-No issue about coverage in the area, my friends/colleagues with Vodafone can use 4G while I cannot.

The customer care stated that the 4G is not registered but no one has been able to solve it from their end,

I was very happy when I moved to Vodafone and I was impressed by the quality of the service but not I'm very disappointed, the 4G is the main reason for me to port in my number and for three weeks already I'm unable to use it and no one seems to be able to solve the problem.

Update: I spoke with the technical department, their suggestion is to do another sim swap and to request a 4G sim card (?), I will try although I personally think all the new sim cards are 4G sim card if I'm not wrong.

18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, 

Sorry to also jump in on someone elses thread. I never post to these sort of things, so not sure I am doing it right. I have the same issue. I am also new to Vodafone and 4G worked fine with the temporary number that came with the sim, but as soon as my number ported from the Three network 4G was gone. Countless restarts, resets, (yes 4G is toggled on, yes there is 4G in the area) and even sim swap and getting frustrated by the amount of times I have updated the APN settings with a new customer service consultant each time I call or chat online. On the topic of APN settings, I also received conflicting info: All say the APN is pp.vodafone.co.uk for PAYG, which I believe to be correct however some say the username is wap and password is wap, then others say its WAP and WAP (must be capitals), then one said it MUST be WEB and WEB, the last one said I dont even need to complete the username or password and even leave LTE settings blank on iPhone X. I am further surprised that the sim does not automatically apply the correct settings on PAYG and leave it up to the client to source these. The welcome text from Vodafone was not helpful and no profile or APN settings got downloaded to my phone. 

As I am now confident my issue is not with APN settings but with something on my account as with everyone else in this thread I need help to get this resolved before I give up on Vodafone. My issue has been escalated and promised to be resolved in 1 - 2 days, thats 2 days ago now. This morning again the consultant promised my issue has been escalated but I fear its not going to get resolved. Please help! Thanks. 

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Anonymous first of all, welcome! 

I fully appreciate you've done all you can to figure this out, we'd like to check your account to make sure you have 4G enabled on there as this will be the thing stopping it if that's the case. Please contact us via the information I've sent you over a private message.

Same issue here, please check and assist. Only 3g works, not 4G

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@8148847484 We'd be able to get your up and running on our 4G network. It sounds like all we need to do is disconnect and reconnect your line which would refresh your services 🙂

So we're able to action this on your account, please get in touch using the link in my private message.

Hi Alex, 

I am having the same issue here in regards to 4g after a recent port and did the above checks before I came across this forum, would you be able to assist? 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Of course @ChrisSouthern 🙂 We'll need to access your account to look into it, so if you could send your details over using the link in my private message, that'd be great. 

Hi, I am having similar issues to this today.

My old number is due to complete porting today from Three to my new Vodafone contract. I don't seem to have any internet access, nor can i seem to activate 4G calls or 4G services on my phone, can someone please advise? The phone is an iPhone 8. Thanks 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aryder91  - If your phone is the one you used with the other network, please follow the steps here. This is to check the internet settings are right.

Once you've done this, if it isn't working still then please get in touch with us via Facebook Private Message at Vodafone UK, or through Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also provide a link to this thread and your Community username. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone here had any success in getting their 4G working again? Since my last post here on 17 May and many emails with the social team (who are very friendly, trying to help but with limited control over the issue) I frustratingly still have no 4G. I have requested my PAC code and have set myself a target date to move my account elsewhere should I not have 4G working by then. Naturally, I am hoping the issue gets resolved before I move my account but I also dont want to wait around for something that may take months to fix.