Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G not working on new PAYG sim card

Redbull2075
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all

We have just purchased a PAYG sim card for our daughters birthday to use in an old iphone 6 but it will not display 4G even though both of our existing Vodafone iphones correctly have a full 4G signal in our house

We have tried resetting network settings

ensured correct settings are applied in...iphone settings 

Completed another full reset on itunes 

reset the iphone itself

searched the forums and tried various things

tried PAYG sim in our pay monthly iphone vodaphone phones and it only displays 3G in both of them also

no luck at all the PAYG sim is only connecting to 3G - it has a full signal

please can this kindly be resolved ASAP as we believe that this issue must be at vodafone's end

Many thanks

Simon

28 REPLIES 28

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

My advice @Redbull2075 is to call 191 or use Live Chat and they can access the Payg account to check that 4G has been properly enabled on the account. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

many thanks, yes i have been on live chat and they said that 4G should hopefully start working soon !?!?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Redbull2075 Did they advise if any changes have been made to the number in order to get your 4G up and running? If so, any amendments can take up to 24 hours to process.

If you've not been provided with a timescale or you continue to have issues connecting to 4G after this time has passed, please follow the details provided in the private message I've sent. A member of our team will then be in touch to help.

many thanks Natasha, it seems to be working ok now :Thumbs_Up:

Hi, 

I've got exactly the same problem. Since leaving my Voda contract and getting a PAYG card, NO 4G. Here is what I have already done to no avail: 

- checked the APN settings are correct. They are. 

- Reset network settings.

- replaced the SIM with a new one: SIM can't be faulty

- checked my SIM in another phone to see if 4G there - negative. 

- took a colleagues Vodafone SIM (contract) and used it in my phone - 4G working immediately. I.e. no issues with handset. 

I am at my tether's end. Clearly, the PAYG a/c is not receiving 4G. I've been in touch with tech support and they assured me all was setup correctly. I've been to the store to have them check the phone settings and replace the SIM. The handset (iphone SE) is working correctly. 

CLEARLY, this is an issue to do with the account. 

Please help.

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @CHRAMBACH1971 from what you've said, it does sound like 4G isn't activated on the account. This isn't a worry as we can look at getting this resolved for you. Please send us your details via the private message I've sent you.  

Thought I was on my own with this issue, swopped to Vodafone last week as next door showed great reception and 4G, since swop, 2 visits to shop, 4 calls to "technical" finally had someone at technical say yes there was a "glitch" with my phone receiving 4G and action on their part was needed to resolve the issue, as it would take a few days, Well this is the next day after the call and counting,

Come on technical live up to your billing!

…good luck. Mine still doesn’t work and I’ve heard nothing Forster from Vodafone tech support. Absolute disgrace. 

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

@CHRAMBACH1971 wrote:

…good luck. Mine still doesn’t work and I’ve heard nothing Forster from Vodafone tech support. Absolute disgrace. 

When you submitted your response to Adam's message, did you receive an email acknowledgement with a reference number? If so, I'd suggest quoting the number here, so that the Forum Team can track down the correspondence. If you didn't get an acknowledgement, I'd suggest trying again.

There really is no reason why Vodafone shouldn't be able to give its customers access to available 4G within the UK. Re-enabling 4G shouldn't be a problem on an account where it failed to "take" in the first instance.