Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G not working on new PAYG sim card

Redbull2075
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all

We have just purchased a PAYG sim card for our daughters birthday to use in an old iphone 6 but it will not display 4G even though both of our existing Vodafone iphones correctly have a full 4G signal in our house

We have tried resetting network settings

ensured correct settings are applied in...iphone settings 

Completed another full reset on itunes 

reset the iphone itself

searched the forums and tried various things

tried PAYG sim in our pay monthly iphone vodaphone phones and it only displays 3G in both of them also

no luck at all the PAYG sim is only connecting to 3G - it has a full signal

please can this kindly be resolved ASAP as we believe that this issue must be at vodafone's end

Many thanks

Simon

28 REPLIES 28

Hi,

I have the same issue. I can't connect with 4G anywere. I have 3G, H+ only. Couple days ago I have bought two sim cards and moved two number from EE. I tryed manually choose 4G transmitter but nothing. I reported that issue by chat and they told me that 4G will be activated within 24 hours. Still nothing.

Can somebody do this with my numbers?

"Glad to say after 3 weeks, issue was fixed. My number was disconnected from the network and reconnected. That was the fix."

Kind regards

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

I thought the process was more along the lines of removing 4G totally, then re-applying it to the account. But, either way, it should be very do-able.

The real pity is that there seem to be these rashes of 4G not working on new accounts. For a while, all peaceful, then it's as though there's a batch of cards where the account hasn't been set up properly. Well, such things can happen, but there ought to be better awareness amongst CS staff of how it is to be fixed.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mike4G and @ddan – We can help to get your account set up for 4G. I’m sorry you’ve had issues getting this sorted. Please send us your details, by following the instructions in this private message.

@CHRAMBACH1971 – I’m sorry to hear you’re still unable to use 4G. I’ve searched for your email via the address you’ve registered to the Community with and nothing’s showing. If you’ve sent us your details  by following the steps from the link @Adam sent, please let us know the reference from the auto reply email (it looks like #123456).

Hi, the problem has been resolved. Not sure how, but 4G suddenly started working a few days ago. 

thanks!

Interesting to read this. I am having exactly the same problem with my iPhone SE. 

Please can someone from Vodafone Customer Services get in touch with me by Private Message to fix this. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Simmo84 I can see you've now had this resolved 😊

Hi Alex - yes I have the 4G. Brilliant thanks :Smiling: 

The advisor last night readded my Vodafone International and my PayAsYouGo 1 plan - but I don’t have IOU back - when I tried to add it myself it said I needed to be with Vodafone for 7 days - basically treating me as a brand new customer. 

Is is there anything you can do to get this added back on for me sooner? 

Thanks.

I'm having the exact same issue. Online chat does not understand my problem 3G works fine. Here is what I checked to make sure 4G is available at my current location in central London: - checked the APN settings are correct. They are. - Reset network settings. - replaced the SIM with a new one: SIM can't be faulty - checked my SIM in another phone to see if 4G there - negative. - took a colleagues Vodafone SIM (contract) and used it in my phone - 4G working immediately. I.e. no issues with handset.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'msorry to hear our Live Chat team were unable to resolve this for you @ukdwc1. I'm sure we'll be able to get your 4G working. As we'll need access to your account to do this, please get in touch by following the instructions in this private message.

Yep sounds like exactly the same problem I am having. 

Once you get your line disconnected and reconnected it will work, getting to this point is often a challenge!

Thanks to the moderators on this forum for their proactiveness!