main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay as you go

4G not working on new PAYG sim card

Highlighted
1: Seeker

Hi,

I am also experiencing the same issue (no 4G) with a new PAYG SIM card.

How can I get this fixed?

Thanks in advance.

View more options
1: Seeker

I too have contacted CS using live chat and was told to wait 3 hours then reboot my phone.

Seems to be working now.

View more options
2: Seeker

Hello,

Recently purchased a PAYG sim but I’m only getting 3G despite numerous live chat attempts to fix the problem. 

Can you help? 

Thanks 

View more options

As noted earlier up thread you need to explicitly ask the agent you deal with to disconnect and then reconnect your number to the network. This appears to be the only fix to the issue. 

Although it is surprising given that this not an apparently isolated issue why this solution is not offered more proactively but nobody at Vodafone has commented on this as of yet. 

View more options

Thanks. 

However, this time I phoned an agent who proposed a different solution which worked for me. 

On the iPhone, the mobile LTE setup (APN) found in the mobile data menu cannot be left blank (even though it states that it is optional). APN settings for mobile LTE should be:

pp.vodafone.co.uk

web for both the admin and password. 

All other APN settings should be left as default. 

Hope this helps others. 

View more options