main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay as you go

4G not working on new PAYG sim card

1: Seeker

Hi,

I am also experiencing the same issue (no 4G) with a new PAYG SIM card.

How can I get this fixed?

Thanks in advance.

View more options
1: Seeker

I too have contacted CS using live chat and was told to wait 3 hours then reboot my phone.

Seems to be working now.

View more options
2: Seeker

Hello,

Recently purchased a PAYG sim but I’m only getting 3G despite numerous live chat attempts to fix the problem. 

Can you help? 

Thanks 

View more options

As noted earlier up thread you need to explicitly ask the agent you deal with to disconnect and then reconnect your number to the network. This appears to be the only fix to the issue. 

Although it is surprising given that this not an apparently isolated issue why this solution is not offered more proactively but nobody at Vodafone has commented on this as of yet. 

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks. 

However, this time I phoned an agent who proposed a different solution which worked for me. 

On the iPhone, the mobile LTE setup (APN) found in the mobile data menu cannot be left blank (even though it states that it is optional). APN settings for mobile LTE should be:

pp.vodafone.co.uk

web for both the admin and password. 

All other APN settings should be left as default. 

Hope this helps others. 

View more options

Just got a PAYG sim today. Stick it in the phone. 3G. 

Hours go by, still 3G (occasionally 3G+)

Phone is not a problem, works on wifes vodafone sim with 4G. 

Do vodafone deliberatley not provision 4G and wait until you complain or something? A lot of the replies from VF seem to be oh 4G isn't enabled .... why ? Why not ? Why don't you provision it automatically like you know... everyone else does. 

This is the only network that I've stuck a SIM in and can only get 3G.

Just tried it in a Samsung, 3G+ there too. 

I feel like i've just thrown £10 down the drain and I guess I won't be using it if all I get is 3G+. 

For the record, im in an area with 4G, and wife is also on VF and has 4G, her sim in my phone =4G. My sim in her phone =3g

Why do you do this vodafone? 

I guess I'll be going back to EE then ....

View more options

Hey @SNAKEPLISSKEN, I'm really sorry to hear your 4G is working correctly. One of our team will be happy to access your account and take a closer look into this for you. Please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker. Alternatively, you can speak to an adviser using Live Chat

View more options

Thanks but I took it back to the shop, explained everything I said here....

The teenager behind the counter said oh its because your phone is asian (it's a Sony). 

I literally couldn't stop laughing at him. Fantastic customer service.

Anyway, refunded and gone back to EE.

View more options