Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G not working

Lottieokill
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have had my iPhone 6 for about 3 weeks now but I have only just got a Vodafone pay as you go SIM card, Every time I turn on my 2,3 or 4G it appears at the top but it doesn’t work at all, nothing sends or loads and it is frustrating because I am in London everyday and I can never find free WiFi, please help 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Lottieokill

In the past 3 weeks you've had your iPhone was it used on Vodafone or another network ?

Has it been recently unlocked and if so by who ?

Did it work on mobile data before ?

So may I ask is it just 4G not working as per your thread title  ?

Or is no mobile data working ie 3G ?

Is mobile data turned on in your phone. 

Try texting WEB to 40127

How-do-I-set-up-my-phone-for-internet-access-and-picture-messaging-MMS.

Manual set up of vodafone-apn-settings.

Does surfing the net using mobile data not work anywhere you go ?

What Payg Tariff are you on please ?

Have you signed up for the myvodafone App ? If so look to see if any data bars are present and or check your online myvodafone. 

Customer services on 191 or Live Chat can access your account and help you by looking at that side of things.

As a process of elimination can you insert your SIM card in another phone to rule out the SIM card or account at issue. 

Some help links. 

Vodafone uk-coverage-map.

Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I'm really sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with your data @Lottieokill and know how frustrating this can be.

Please pop back to us once you've been through some of the troubleshooting steps that @BandOfBrothers has advised.

If you're still having any problems, don't hesitate to get back in touch; we'll be more than happy to help get you up and running correctly.