Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G stopped working

euph1234
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

4G works fine for me in London. I've been in Berlin several days now, and have been unable to get a 4G signal anywhere here, even when people next to me have one. I've chatted with support on this website daily for the last 3 days, each time ending with a promise that they've finally sorted it, but when I wait the amount of time they've prescribed and restart my phone, I'm still at 3G. What do I need to do to get 4G service working?

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Try manually choosing another network in your phones network settings and then re choose Vodafone UK to see of that shakes things up. 

To add sometimes a soft reboot by turning it off and on can help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your suggestions. The folks on chat took me through both of those a few times, unfortunately without success.

AnnS

Hi @euph1234

If you are roaming on Vodafone Germany as far as connection is concerned, there shouldn't be any issues.  Fortunately, you are still able to make calls, send texts and use the internet although slower than if 4G was available.

However, you don't need to use Vodafone Germany, all roaming networks are charged the same and with global roaming there is no need to be concerned about roaming charges.  Try doing a network search and see if any other networks pop up and try and make a connection, you may find 4G available where 4G is not available on the preferred network of Vodafone Germany.

Interesting. In addition to Vodafone.de, I also see E-Plus and Telekom.de. Picking either of the last two results in "no service" in the top bar of my phone, while picking Vodafone.de gives full bars and 3G service. Not sure why I can't roam on those networks, but it doesn't seem to work for me, alas. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

AnnS

Yes @euph1234 Those networks probably don't have a roaming agreement with Vodafone UK  but always worth a try.

You may well find 4G kicks in using Vodafone.de when you are in an alternative location.  At least you are able to call and text and have reasonable data service with a 3G connection in Berlin.

BandOfBrothers

It could be that your phones frequencies and band's are struggling with that of the networks your latched on or the network your latched to is having it's own issues. 

If your phones unlocked to all networks you could try a local SIM card. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I am glad to have 3G service, but as everyone I talk with at Vodafone insists I should have 4G, I'd like to have access to that faster service.