Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

About pay as you go

wesleyleung_910
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, 

I am a student now studying in Glasgow. I will be going back to my home country in June and I would like to know whether my phone number be be disabled.

I have searched and according to vodafone website I need t pay 7 days after my pay as you go bundle ends or it will opt out my bundle. Does it mean that my phone number will be inactivated and cannot use it again? But it is a very stupid idea to pay for three months when I am not in the UK. Can someone give me more information and tell me what I should do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

If you do not wish to take your Payg number / Vodafone account with you when you return home (if you do then remove any abroad bars off your account) then after your big value bundle ends after 30 days then just don't top up again or if the allowances run out but your still in the U.K then either top up again to refresh your allowances for 30 days or opt out and use the freebies option or standard Payg charges. Whichever is the best value for you. 

Big Value & Freebies Payg Plans and information.

Vodafone would terminate a Payg number if it has not been used in a period of 180 days to make a call , send a text or top up. 

This is from the T&C. 

6. Suspension, disconnection and ending the agreement. 

1. You choose not to use the service for 180 consecutive days. Using the service means making any chargeable outbound activity such as making an outbound call (excluding calls to 191), sending an SMS, using data or topping up your account.

b. If we suspend the mobile equipment because you have chosen not to use the services (as de ned in 6a3 above) for 180 consecutive days we will send you an SMS notifying you that you should top up your account or make a chargeable outbound call (but not calls to 191), send a chargeable SMS or use your data within the next 90 days.

If you then fail to make any chargeable outbound calls (but not calls to 191), send a chargeable SMS, use your data or top up your account within 90 days from the date of the SMS because you have not kept to this agreement or not used the services for 270 consecutive days, we will disconnect your mobile equipment, and you will lose any credit held on your account.

From -

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/configfiles/documents/contentdocuments/pay-as-you-go-terms-and-...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers

Hi

If you do not wish to take your Payg number / Vodafone account with you when you return home (if you do then remove any abroad bars off your account) then after your big value bundle ends after 30 days then just don't top up again or if the allowances run out but your still in the U.K then either top up again to refresh your allowances for 30 days or opt out and use the freebies option or standard Payg charges. Whichever is the best value for you. 

Big Value & Freebies Payg Plans and information.

Vodafone would terminate a Payg number if it has not been used in a period of 180 days to make a call , send a text or top up. 

This is from the T&C. 

6. Suspension, disconnection and ending the agreement. 

1. You choose not to use the service for 180 consecutive days. Using the service means making any chargeable outbound activity such as making an outbound call (excluding calls to 191), sending an SMS, using data or topping up your account.

b. If we suspend the mobile equipment because you have chosen not to use the services (as de ned in 6a3 above) for 180 consecutive days we will send you an SMS notifying you that you should top up your account or make a chargeable outbound call (but not calls to 191), send a chargeable SMS or use your data within the next 90 days.

If you then fail to make any chargeable outbound calls (but not calls to 191), send a chargeable SMS, use your data or top up your account within 90 days from the date of the SMS because you have not kept to this agreement or not used the services for 270 consecutive days, we will disconnect your mobile equipment, and you will lose any credit held on your account.

From -

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/configfiles/documents/contentdocuments/pay-as-you-go-terms-and-...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

From reading your post, it sounds like you're only going away for three months and you're just saying you don't want to be paying for bundles whilst you're not in the country - makes sense.

So basically let it opt out of your bundle (so don't recharge your account) or manually cancel your bundle to prevent any further charges.

You won't lose your phone number as per the reply above. You have to not use your phone for 180 days (6 months) to risk anything like that happening. Even if you were away longer, you'd be able to switch it on overseas, send a text and that'd re-set the clock.

When you come back to the UK after three months, re-apply your bundle.

Hope this helps