Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Activate Data when abroad

AnaSabine
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I have a problem with mobile data roaming on my iphone4S with Vodafone I'm on pay as you go and have a big value bundle I'm using for mobile data, which works perfect while in UK but  whenever I try to get on the internet abroad (Germany) I get the "Could not activate mobile data network" popup. I am connected to the Vodafone network (currently in Germany) and I get the 3G symbol. Enable 3G / Mobile data / Data roaming are all turned on in settings.

I had help in the vodafone shop before where my settings were changed but still have the same issue.

Any idea?

Many Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @AnaSabine

It might just be worth double checking with your myvodafone and live chat that all is definitely set up Ok. 

Also does this happen everywhere you go i.e. not a mast issue. 

Can you try choosing another network. 

And try your sim card in another phone as a process of elimination.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @AnaSabine

If you have had your settings changed, these should be the same prepaid settings as when you are in the UK.

Before leaving the UK, you need to make sure any roaming restrictions have been removed, this is done by logging into your online account or by contacting Vodafone.

There is also a limit as to how long you can be abroad roaming using your UK allowance without paying the full roaming price, quite sure it is 3 months.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

The current Ts&Cs say "If you use your inclusive allowance for roaming for a total of 2 months or more during any 4-month period we may charge you for further use or bar your roaming services." So I think it has settled at the same as PayM.

But it sounds as though it's an immediate problem, possibly connected with the APN, or some obscure porblem with the roaming bar showing the opposite of what is actually set.

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I'd check your APN settings say pp.vodafone.co.uk rather than wap.vodafone.co.uk