Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Automatic bundle renewal issues & wifi hotspot

craiigd
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Every month for the last few months I've contacted to webchat advisors as my monthly budle isn't automatically renewed. Why would this be? Very frustrating and caused major inconveniences with lack of data and losing data.

Also, is it possible to get wifi on the go? I've noticed people using a wifi hotspot with their mobile phone provider?

11 REPLIES 11

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Providing you have sufficient credit on day 30 when the bundle expires, it should automatically renew, you would also be give a further 7 days to add credit.  

To set up hotspot, just refer to device guides here: Device Guides and the information here: How do I set up a mobile hotspot on my device? Customer Services may well tell you that hotspot is not available for PAYG but it does work.

If you continue to have problems with the Big Value Bundle, it will need account access from live chat, Customer Services or speak to the Social Team here: Contact Us 

I must have contacted customer services 7 or 8 times over the last 12 month. Usually every month when it doesn't renew. 

I have a credit card linked to my account and supposed to be set up for a £10 bundle to auto renew. They keep saying I need £10 on my account, but surely you shouldn't need to with a credit card. I'm hesitant to put money on as it's taken money from the credit a good few times without going towards the bundle so I have to keep paying extra. Also I've lost a heck of a lot of data from a period of months which hasn't rolled over. I think this will definately be the last month I stay with vodafone. They keep promising me it's fixed and will auto renew but doesn't.

With the hotspot, you say you can get it for payg, is it included in a a specific bundle or have to pay extra?

AnnS

Vodafone won't charge anything extra for sharing your data allowance with other devices @craiigd your are free to use the monthly allowance as you wish.

As far as your BVB is concerned, I am sure the credit card linked to your account is the problem, you need to have the credit available on your PAYG SIM when the bundle is due to renew, certainly before the end of the 30 day validity period although you are given 7 days grace before the bundle is cancelled and the account reverted to PAYG 1.  As far as PAYG 1 is concerned, the data allowance is 50MB daily and if you are going to be sharing the data with other devices, this will soon be exhausted.  There is further information about this here on FAQ's: Vodafone PAYG 

To move forward on this you will need to opt into the BVB here: How can I but a BVB? Once opted into make sure the credit is on the SIM when it is due to renew at 30 days.

You can check your active bundles, credit etc, through the My Vodafone Application, online account and by calling the credit line on 2345.

It wasn't the data that was doing it. I'd top up and needed to make phone calls. I'd been charged for the calls which reduced my credit to under £10, therefore stopping me getting a £10 bundle and so having to top up extra.

Again, I was opted in and the credit was there, even 6 or 7 advisors had done it every month, but it eithet didn't work or they not doing it right.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear your struggling to get your bundle to auto-renew @craiigd As we've no account access through public forums such as our Community, we're unable to take a closer look into what's causing this here. So we can help with this, pop us a private message through our social channels.

Can someone tell me how to set my account to automatic top up for bundles? I've been asking via live chat every month for a long time and they still aren't actually doing it.

AnnS

Hi @craiigd 

If you are wanting to top up automatically each month, the information you need is on the website top up page, scroll down to FAQ's, How can I top up my phone or another number?  Vodafone PAYG Top Up 

Ta, wished I'd asked / checked months ago. It would have saved me the time and hassle of speaking to many vodafone agents for hours on end.