Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BTWiFi auto connects

sirgader
4: Newbie

Hi! My plan includes BTWiFi. I tried EVERY possibility to make it connect to Auto-BTWiFi according to the help website. Nothing works. On Apple after manually logging in to BT-Openzone I am prpompted to fownload .mobileconfig file. I download and isntall profile, but auto wifi still does not work.

I extracted the container to look up settings as I wanted my Windows 10 device to autoconnect. It shows up some sort of EAP-SIM authentication, but no details are provided.

Do you have any idea how to make it work?

WHen I tried to connect via MyVodafone app on Android device it connects to openzone (non-premium) automatically but still prompts for credentials.

Any ideas/solutions will be appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @sirgader

I share your issue. 

Im a Bt Broadband User so all Bt Wifi options are open to me but it's rare I'm able to connect and use any. Even on Bt-Fon. 

For example in MacDonalds when I try it just hangs on my iPhone. Even after forgetting the network in my phones settings.

Using the o2 alternative presents no such connection issues apart from it sometimes being at a snails pace for surfing. 

I usually end up turning off wifi and use my Network Data Connection. More secure and faster. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply. Yes - in most cases mobile data is the best option but on some rare occassion I would like to connect to premium hotspots - and the auto ones are encrypted.

It is good to be able to use what you are paying for 😉

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

I totally agree as I pay Bt for my infinity broadband which includes access to all Bt Wifi options. Unfortunately over the years it's not changed much even after speaking to Bt Tech and asking in the Bt dedicated open forum. 

I am rarely successful in connecting. 

Usually even when I manually choose the BT option my phone invariably automatically switches away from it and into another such as the option I mentioned previously. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@bandofbrothers seems like I found some solution myself (tried both Vodafone and BT chat and sorry to say - it was waste of time). I managed to connect to BTWiFi-X network by selecting SIM authentication. It doesn't fix the laptop issue though.

It would be appreciated if Vodafone could update their manuals here: http://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/internet/wi-fi/

sirgader
4: Newbie
Aaaaand it stopped working :Sad_face: too good to be true? At least I got to make it work using EAP-SIM but seems some settings at your end changed