Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Balance check USSD no response

Greengrocer
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have new Smart N8.  Trying to check the outstanding balance with *#1345# and the phone says USSD Running and a few moments later...nothing, except the triangle with the exclamation mark appears in the notification area beside Vodafone UK.  I have a good phone signal and can send normal texts and phone calls.

Any help thanks

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Going from How-can-I-check-my-balance.

"To see your balance on screen, call *#1345# free from your Vodafone Pay as you go mobile" it should show. 

Could be a temporary glitch. 

How about using myvodafone or one of the options in the above link. 

Customer Services on 191 or Live Chat can access your Account too to check if all looks ok. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Greengrocer

You don't mention the PAYG tariff you are on, buy this is probably PAYG 1.  There is further information on PAYG 1  for you below.

PAYG 1

If the balance check code is not responding, it sounds like your SIM has not fully activated.  The triangle next to Vodafone UK lets you know the message has not sent.

You mention that you have a good signal and can make calls and send texts, as this is a new phone after adding credit, all that should be needed is a chargeable activity on the home network to activate the SIM.  Also try texting to 17298, but this should only be needed when a free SIM has been ordered from the website.

If you continue to have problems, live chat will be able to help or visit a Vodafone Store for direct help from an advisor.