Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Big Value Bundle data transfer and EU roaming

lukas716
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

Going abroad for 2 months . Will be traveling across EU.

Can I use data transfer from Big Value Bundles ?

For example

BVB20 can I use all 4GB data (for example in Germany,Itlay) ?

BVB30  can I use all 20GB data (for example in Germany,Itlay) ?

Or maybe the are some limits I don't know

8 REPLIES 8

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @lukas716

You have Global Roaming from Vodafone, that means you are able to use your UK allowance in a roam free EU country enjoying your UK allowance. This will include your BVB allowances.

There is further information on Global Roaming below:

Global Roaming

Global roaming is intended for periodic travel, there is a time limit on using the service abroad, I am sure this is around the 2 month period.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/consumer/mobile/pay-as-you-go/big-value-bundle/index...

"Note: Our £30 Big Value Bundles no longer contain a roaming allowance. Any £30 Big Value Bundle which renewed after 11 June 2017 will not include the roaming allowance you had when you initially purchased it."

Does it mean that BVB30 data transfer doesn't work anymore

and the only way to use data transfer in EU roaming is to choose BigValueBundle £20 ?

AnnS

Hi @lukas716

As far as I know this applies to BVB's before the introduction of Global Roaming. 

As you can see from this link, Vodafone are proud to mention Every Big Value Bundle includes Worry Free Roaming.

4G Big Value Bundles

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

Hi @lukas716

The roaming rules changed in June 2017 - tbh I can't now remember all the details of how it worked, but the general shape of it was that, in addition to your home allowance, you had a separate roaming allowance. When the new rules came in, you were able to use your UK allowance of data within the Europe roaming area, subject to the time constraints mentioned, and the separate roaming allowance was discontinued. I wish Vodafone would tidy up its old information, as it really isn't very helpful to have that sort of statement knocking around still.

The time constraints are now set out in the acceptable use policy (see especially top of 2nd page) in https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/configfiles/documents/contentdocuments/vfcon058965.pdf

ToniCa

PS: I think it may have been just the top value of BVB which had the additional European roaming allowance. I certainly bought a high value BVB prior to a trip to Greece, though I can't now remember whether it was to get a high roaming data allowance, or simply to get a roaming allowance of any sort!

Good pointed about separate roaming data allowance @ToniCa

Waiting fo an answear @AnnS

Thanks

AnnS

Hi @lukas716

Before the change in roaming conditions, BVB's would have come with an extra roaming allowance.  All BVB's come with worry free Global Roaming and you are free to use your BVB allowances in a roam free destination without the worry of roaming charges, this includes the £30.00 BVB.

Please remember that Global Roaming is intended for short periods of overseas travel and if not intended for long periods of overseas stay.  I believe the time limit is 2 months of overseas travel.

ToniCa

Just for the record, PAYG customers DO NOT benefit from "worry free Global Roaming" - they have "worry-free roaming" in the countries of the PAYG Europe Zone - https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/public/documents/webcontent/vfcon081336.pdf - where you can use your home allowances and which at the moment happens to be the same as the Pay Monthly roam-free zone, although presumably the door has been left open to vary them later - https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/public/documents/webcontent/vfcon079682.pdf

If as a PAYG customer you go to a Pay Monthly Roam Further destination, you don't suffer the inconvenience of the £6 daily charge for any small amount of outgoing usage, but simply pay for usage as you make it.

Both PAYG and Pay Monthly customers need to be a bit cautious about exactly where their worry-free roaming zones end - in particular, there are parts of former Yugoslavia and of eastern Europe which are outside the roam-free zones, although all I can think of appear to be within Roam Further for Pay Monthly customers.