main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay as you go

Big Value Bundle

SOLVED
View solved solution
johnoooo
4: Newbie

Man in store, Lowestoft, sold me today a "Big Value Bundle" to start me of on my Galaxy s4 Mini.

He said it would last for 1 month & then I would have to top up & the top up would last untill the money was exhausted as long as I make 1 call every 3 months.

But reading the message sent from Vodaphone infers that any residual amount on the "Big Bundle" carries over after 1 month

Which is correct?

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @johnoooo

Vodafone cannot charge for using your own home WiFi, this has already been paid for to your broadband provider. 

View solution in original position

View more options
8 REPLIES 8
AnnS

Hi @johnoooo

The BiG value last for 30 days but providing you are still opted into the bundle and this means paying for a further big Value Bundle, you have total rollover where any unused allowances will roll over to the following month. However, the allowance won't roll over into a second month. There is further information for you below.

PAYG Big Value Total Rollover

If you add any further credit, you need to make sure your BVB does not roll over automatically, this can be done by calling 2345 and following the prompts. Otherwise, providing you use the phone as mentioned by the store advisor, the credit will last until exhausted.

View more options
johnoooo

Thanks, so please let me get this correct.

I will be using the phone only to make 1/2 calls per month.

So after the first month it would be best for me to buy a £5 top up, correct?

Am I correct also that at the end of the month before buying the top up I have to phone 2345?

If I'm correct about calling 2345, can I do this at anytime during the initial month & still keep the intial months allowance?

View more options
AnnS

Hi @johnoooo

All correct.

If you don't want the BVB to automatically renew, call 2345 anytime during the month.  Top up £5.00 and make the occasional call.

Just one very important thing to mention, and that is to turn off your mobile data and turn on your WiFi for data access.  If this is not done, your phone will start to download data to do updates and your £5.00 will be gone in 2 days.

I would have though Vodafone 1 would probably be suitable for your needs and it's surprising the store did not recommend this tariff.  If this is an option, please see below.

Vodafone 1

View more options
johnoooo

Just one very important thing to mention, and that is to turn off your mobile data and turn on your WiFi for data access.  If this is not done, your phone will start to download data to do updates and your £5.00 will be gone in 2 days.

Thanks for this, I've turned off Mobile data tonight & switched to Wi-Fi.

Am I correct in doing this directly?

So is all I've got to do now, before the month is up, is to phone 2345 & pay £5, yes?

I've looked at your idea of "Pay as you go 1" but think it would cost more as I only use phone 1/2 times per month. Main reason is that we can't get mobile signal @ home.

Any other advise will be accepted, with a smile!

View more options
johnoooo

Another important query, if I may.

As I said I have activated WI-Fi & connected to my Home Hub.

So now I can send e mails from the Galaxy which I've done.

But I can also go into the e mail App on the Galaxy & see all of my e mail receipts.

Is this costing money on the Galaxy, or will it cost money when I go for the £5 Pay as you go?

View more options
AnnS

Hi @johnoooo

Vodafone cannot charge for using your own home WiFi, this has already been paid for to your broadband provider. 

View solution in original position

View more options
ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

@johnoooo

There's a useful comparison of the Big Value Bundle and PAYG1 on https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/Basic-PAYG-vs-PAYG1-vs-Big-Value-Bundles/td-p/2584928

But I'm shocked by the behaviour you report from someone at the Lowestoft store - I was in my local Vodafone store recently, and noticed that the PAYG phones all had a note on the price label, indicating that either a £10 Big Value Bundle or a £10 TopUp with PAYG1 had to be added. This seemed a vast improvement on the previous business of forcing light users to buy a BVB they didn't want or need, but it sounds as though some staff or stores are still in the dark ages.

View more options
johnoooo

Also the Sales Assistant looked bored, perhaps Vodafone need more training/empowerment.

View more options