cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Big problem - need to get number re-activated to get verify text for account login

BrianDoubletake
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

Have a big problem here.

I had some issues with my phone but have now got a new phone and put SIM in but not working. I think number might have deactivated whilst was having issues with old phone.

I tried calling phone and it says number not in use.

I really need to get the number working again as I have it set up as a text verify number to get into my account.

Hopefully somebody can help with this because it's important and I need the number working again.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @BrianDoubletake 

Disconnections policy is 180 days if there is no usage.

Usage as in a Caller text or data use or top up.
The timeframe breaks down like this …
If a person does not make an activity as described above in 90 consecutive days then Vodafone make contact via sms to advise. Then if after 45 days no usage is made they send a final notification and then give another 45 days to make some activity.
Then the Payg account could be suspended and the number and account credit lost.
The mobile number is typically quarantined for a length of time and then put back into the number pool to be redistributed to another person.
If a Payg account is suspended then a person has 90 days to ask Vodafone to re activate the Payg account via 0333 304191,  191 from a Vodafone phone or Live Chat. 

Also try the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Payg reconnection window is 90 days if the account is suspended by Vodafone.

After 90 days then reconnection is slim at best.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for reply. I have definitely used it within maximum window. Tried online chat and got some bloke who said he could help but then wanted the activation date of the sim and they expected me to have made a note of a random date from  something like10 years ago. Not very sensible 

You're very welcome @BrianDoubletake 

Yes I agree that not many would remember the activation date of a Payg sim card.

The Vodafone Social Media Team's are very keen to help if you decide to contact them or ring Vodafone instead.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @BrianDoubletake 

That message is sent automatically when a call fails to complete, and does not necessarily mean Vodafone have disconnected the SIM for non use especially when you are within the 180 day time limit.  

As you have a new phone this may be a SIM card fault, unless you have already tried try topping up, you may also want to look at getting a new replacement SIM for your new phone here: Replacement SIM cards To rule out a phone problem if possible try an alternative SIM in the phone..

If you mention to the live chat advisor that you have had the number for 10 plus years, there is no reason why they cannot check the status of the SIM.

For your new phone there may be additional useful information here: Device Guides