Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Bill text messages received.

stevex
4: Newbie

Every month I get a text message from Vodafone to my PAYG number with details of a bill that is not mine. I received one this morning which starts "Hello. Your bill for this month comes to GBP9.50 and is due on 10/3/2019". There are no details in the text about who this bill is for. How do I stop receiving these?

14 REPLIES 14

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Our teams on social media will be able to help get this resolved for you @scott2100, I understand that it must be worrying.

In regards to your SIM card, a Vodafone SIM will work in a device that is locked to the Vodafone network 😊 If you are on Pay as you Go you won't incur 'bill shock' since prepaid services don't produce bills. Out of bundle charges will come out of any top-up credit on the account. For more information of Pay as you Go out of bundle charges please see here

Although I no longer receive these messages. I was told my number may have been similar to someone else. I'm also on PAYG. I was told they didn't understand why I was receiving these messages. I sent screen shoots of 3 different months that I received the bill message. Like I said before Vodafone were very helpful and constantly stayed in contact with me when reported over email. Still to this day I was never given answer as to why this happened. But it stopped once it was looked into. So they must have known what was happening or put some stop on my account. I don't think it's affect my credit score as I have looked into this. Now you have reported this you should have this resolved quickly as they were very helpful 

Also did you ever try order a new sim or monthly contract? I did in past but was not accepted. I think it may have something to do with that. Please feel free to message me as I can help if needed. Like I have said in pass messages my issue has now been resolved. Just wish I was given reason as to why. 

Thanks Calibee

No this is the only ever SIM from them and I bought it as part of the deal in argos. Never had a contract with them.

We started my complaint (so they cant say I never looked into this or they were trying to contact me) with Vodafone 2 days ago and so far theyve not bothered doing anything. Although I also raised it on their facebook channel and they did try quite hard but in the end couldnt find anything and told me told me not to worry as they couldnt trace anything.

I think its a case of unlucky 'fat fingers' somewhere and I have a similar number on an ASDA block of similar mobile numbers.

so it appears that vodafone reissued this number to asda (now on vodafone network) after the number was disconnected a few years ago and is connected to another persons contract account.

If they are reusing number blocks (and they assured me they couldnt find that number then did) that they then give to ASDA this may be the same issue if it happens to you.

Poor sanitation processes (and I really do understand them recycling dead numbers) has given me a lot unrequired stress.