Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Buying a SIM Plan in the USA

hdavis
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all, I want to buy a SIM only 1 month plan for use in Germany and the Netherlands. I'm in the USA now and want the SIM shipped to me here before I leave for my trip. I will not be in the UK. 
The checkout process will not progress past the credit check (I imagine because I have a US Zipcode, not a UK postcode). How can I buy the SIM plan and get it shipped to me in the USA? 

Thanks! 

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @hdavis 

Sounds like your going on some fantastic trip to exciting destinations.

Applying for a Vodafone UK Pay Monthly Contract wouldn't be open to you I'm afraid as the required criteria wouldn't be met.

As Vodafone UK wont ship a Vodafone UK Pay As You Go Sim card outside of the UK you would need someone you know in the UK pick one up, activate it by topping it up with credit, choose the required Payg Tariff and make sure Roaming is activated and supply you with top up vouchers or codes. 

Even though different countries share the same Vodafone Brand name they are not linked.

1. What I would suggest is to check with your current home network if you haven't already to see if they can offer roaming to the countries your visiting as that way you wouldn't have to look into....
  • Finding a shop to pick up another sim card and then find ways to top it up and then have to pass your new temporary number to people you know.
  • You may have to unlock your present phone so it'll accept another network sim card and check it has the bands and frequencies to work on the other networks. i.e tri-band phone.
  • Update the phones Apn settings so the internet will work. These are normally sent when the relevant sim card is inserted.

However you proceed I wish you a safe journey.    :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.