Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Calling from abroad

Mark1Goff
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

How much does it cost on a pay-as-you-go phone to call the UK from Turkey 448C5B1D-8D6E-4E5B-928A-4D042A5C663F.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Mark1Goff

Turkey is included in global roaming, this means you will be able to use inclusive bundles or be charged the same as using your phone in the UK. 

There is further information on the travelling abroad section of the website. 

Hi thanks for your quick response I will have a look on the website. But I wondered if you know how much it is for a one minute call . Either in the UK  to a UK number space or from Turkey to the UK 

Thanks in advance 

Mr M Goff

On a pay as you go 

AnnS

Hi @Mark1Goff

I can't paste a link from my phone but the information is on the website under payg call charges. 

W oh dear it looks like I should have informed them I was going on holiday. I’m not too bright. I knew I do something wrong. It says I have to call them to activate. I think I read that right it can be as much as £1.99 a call or 99p. 49p for a text or 99p. Not sure what to do best I don’t make a call at all thanks for help 

AnnS

Hi @Mark1Goff 

Now I am on the PC and not my phone, I can give a better reply.

As you can see from this link Travelling Abroad, you will pay the same as you would if you were in the UK.  If you are on PAYG 1, when you have exceeded the £1.00 per day charge for when you use your phone, this will be 20 p per minute and 20p per text message.  If you have added a big value bundle, you will be able to use the allowance the same way as you would in the UK.

Vodafone are the only network that includes Turkey as part of global roaming and you can confidently use your phone in Turkey and not have to pay expensive roaming charges.

As far as activating is concerned, roaming will be pre enabled for PAYG, if you have make the first call in the UK and added your credit, you will be make calls and send text in Turkey.