Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can I use my sim card in Iceland

danielgo166
1: Seeker

I bought a SIM card that is pre paid in Italy. I’m in Iceland now. Can I use it without being charged extra? My vodaphone number is 

[Removed]

Please reply as soon as possible

my name is Daniel Golovko 

Thank you very much  

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic/personal information please see Community Guidelines]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

Give or take a bit, the Voda.it site seems to say that "In Iceland you can easily use your Italian tariff without additional costs."
There are more details on http://www.vodafone.it/portal/Privati/Tariffe-e-Prodotti/Tariffe/Estero/euroroaming

- you can use the translation facility in most browsers, and there is also a map!

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@danielgo166

This is the forum for Vodafone UK customers. 

The UK Vodafone Network isn't connected to other Vodafone Networks in other countries. 

You'd need to speak with your own Vodafone agents and ensure no roaming bars are in place on your account. 

You should be able to check the Vodafone support pages for your countries Vodafone Network to check on roaming and costs. 

To add please remove your Mobile number as this is a public forum. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @danielgo166

Providing there is no roaming restriction and you have added credit, there is nothing stopping you from using your Vodafone Italy SIM in Iceland.  As far as Vodafone UK is concerned, Iceland is a European roam free destination and this could well be the same for Vodafone Italy.

However, with the forum here being Vodafone UK only and only able to answer questions for the UK part of the network, with you being a Vodafone Italy customer, you will need to contact Vodafone Italy for your Customer Service enquiry.

You can contact Vodafone Italy on the link below.  You should be able to find your answer from the Italy website.

Vodafone Italy

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

Give or take a bit, the Voda.it site seems to say that "In Iceland you can easily use your Italian tariff without additional costs."
There are more details on http://www.vodafone.it/portal/Privati/Tariffe-e-Prodotti/Tariffe/Estero/euroroaming

- you can use the translation facility in most browsers, and there is also a map!