Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can’t add data pack to mifi

cal2000
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

On Monday I purchased a Vodafone mifi which came with 6gb data. The same day I added the 15gb data pack. This didn’t show on my account. I was assured by online chat that once the 6gb ran out I should contact them and they would activate the 15gb. So 9 am today the 6gb ran out. Immediately I get on online chat and ask for the 15gb activated. No probs they said, couple of minutes and I’ll be back online. It’s now 6pm and I still can’t get online. I’ve been in contact with online chat who  keep telling me to wait it’ll soon be working. I then phoned customer service who tried to activate the 15gb and couldn’t do it. They told me it’s been escalated to the technical department and it can take two days for it be sorted. I’m traveling tomorrow and kind of need it. Anyone have an idea as to what might be going on?

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @cal2000

As far as I know data packs are queued and when the first pack is used, the next pack should kick in.  You may need to activate the pack through your mifi dashboard.

Hi AnnS

Im not really sure what’s going on. I topped up through the Vodafone website for the data pack. 

As as far I can tell it’s only showing as a £25 top up and for what ever reason Vodafone can’t convert it to data. 

AnnS

Hi @cal2000

It's a difficult one for sure when Vodafone have omitted all this information from the website and there is no longer a support page to link and direct you to.  I am only going on information from memory, you need to convert the top up to data by going into your dashboard but without a mifi device myself it is difficult explaining the procedure.

The best thing to do is to use live chat or call Vodafone they should be able to talk you through and explain how to convert the top up to data.

You can wait for the forum team to get to the thread, they will help but this is going to be very slow when you need data now.

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@cal2000 Have you managed to get your Top-Up converted into a data pack since posting this thread? If not, please follow some instructions to get in touch I've sent you via private message. We'll take a look into why this hasn't automatically allocated.