Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't get 4G on a PAYT sim

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

Hi Vodafone Team,

In addition to my contract, I have a PAYT sim that I'm having a little trouble with.

Since porting a number into it from another network, the 4G just hasn't worked. 

In an iPhone, it picks up the network, hooks onto 3G and then everytime the phone tries to pick up 4G, we go to 'No Service' before it then goes back to 3G.

I did try and get this resolved via Live Chat but had a really poor experience ranging from "you don't get 4G on prepay" to "you need to top up before 4G will work"

So I gave up...

I did read some threads on the forum where others (don't know if prepaid or contract) had had the same information and it was fixed by the tech team at Vodafone (I can't find the thread but a VF mod replied and said it was the known fix).

So that's it really - can someone get in touch so they can arrange to do this fix for me. 

I haven't chased till now as I don't use the SIM but a friend of mine is coming over from Australia and wants to use it both here and to roam in Europe and I'm sure we all agree that no-one does 4G roaming better than Vodafone (...when the 4G works of course which is why I need the help)

Thanks in advance :Smiley_face_with_shades:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @donnyguy ðŸ˜Š 

You definitely can get 4G data on Pay as you go! If it's not connecting at all, we can sort that out for you. It'll basically just involve disconnecting the line and reconnecting it again, which will reset all of your services and get it working. 

Please contact our team using the instructions in my private message. When you submit the form, you should receive an automated email with a reference number which looks like [#12233445]. If you post back your reference number, we'll chase it up ðŸ™‚

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

Live Chat does have a neat line in highly inventive nonsense at times! I think the fix is to disable 4G then re-enable it on the account. One relatively recent thread is https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/4G-not-working-on-new-PAYG-sim-card/m-p/2601779

I'm sure one of the forum team will pick up the problem for you.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @donnyguy ðŸ˜Š 

You definitely can get 4G data on Pay as you go! If it's not connecting at all, we can sort that out for you. It'll basically just involve disconnecting the line and reconnecting it again, which will reset all of your services and get it working. 

Please contact our team using the instructions in my private message. When you submit the form, you should receive an automated email with a reference number which looks like [#12233445]. If you post back your reference number, we'll chase it up ðŸ™‚

donnyguy

Hey Alex,

Thanks for the reply!

As I was timing out a little on getting this fixed. I used your reply to quote to live chat. The first person was adamant 4G was fine (they obviously look at the account, see the service is provisioned and then as far as they're concerned, you're good to go).

I stood my ground and insisted on being transferred to technical and again I quoted your message. He was on board as the next thing I know is that the iPhone the sim was in showed "No Service".

A few minute later, it was back connected with the 4G so happy days.

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@donnyguy We're glad to hear this! Thanks a lot for keeping us updated, apologies if we took a little longer to respond than normal.