Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't get 4G on iPhone 7

duncanda
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm on a PAYG plan; £10 Bundle but original SIM was PAYG 1 rates.  The phone was on the Vodafone network previously and got 4G.  However on PAYG I  cannot get 4G anywhere I go.  My wife has the same model phone on a Vodafone contract and she gets 4G.  I've tried support twice; speaking to a person and also via online chat.  Both got me to change settings and both said it may take 24hours to pick up 4G.  I've also been to two Vodafone shops; the first shop changed some settings and told me it could take 24 hours, the second to get a SIM swap.  Why a SIM swap, because my wife's SIM in my phones gets 4G on my phone?  My SIM in her phone only picks up 3G and so I thought it was a 'faulty' SIM.  Needless to say the new SIM swap only picked up 3G in my phone and I was told it could take 24 hours.  More than 24 hours later, still no 4G connectivity!!  I put the new SIM into my wife's phone and it only connects to 3G.  Help please.

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @duncanda

You've certainly covered the self help process of elimination tips you can do. 

I agree it's the account. 

Let the Vodafone Social Media Team here catch up with your thread and I'm sure they'll also try to help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

As we'll need access to your account to look into this @duncanda, please contact us by following the instructions in this private message.

With a few emails to and from the Social Media team and escallation to a Super User, eventually got 4G on the 29th June after they disconnected/reconnected my number, 13 days after my post.  What a palaver.

Now my "My Vodafone" app is only showing my remaining credit and not how many minutes, texts and data I have remaining, which it did before.  I've reset the app, I've deleted it and downloaded it again and still it just shows remaining balance.

I've managed to login to my account online and can see that £4 was deducted for 7.33 MB Internet usage at the exact time of 0.41 MB of Internet usage, which cost £0.00.

Never had so many inconsistencies/issues with other mobile companies.

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

Not sure that the app works all that well with PAYG. When I first start the app, it shows that it has updated, and gives me a balance that is too low and Rewards Points that are too high. If I then go to 'My products and services' I see the correct balance, and then, if I go back to the home screen of the app, it has mysteriously corrected itself.

I regularly see advice on the forum to check detailed usage on the app, but for PAYG that is only available via the online account. And the detailed usage figures there no longer make as much sense as they used to. For example, the charge for my BVB is no longer shown, which makes it tricky to figure out how the balance is arrived at.

At least I've never (yet) been charged and not charged simultaneously for data. Unless you happen to be beyond UK and Europe at present, it's hard to see how you could possibly run up have run up £4 for 7.33 MB - it's 10p per MB once you've exhausted your allowance, possibly with a £2 daily charge for the first 50MB - though that's left a bit vague in what I've been able to find.

ToniCa

PS: Well, I have thought up a scenario: On day n you exhaust your data allowance, so you get 0.41 MB out of the allowance and incur the £2 daily charge. But your 7.33 MB spans 2 days, so you also incur £2 for day n+1.

But the time stamp on some of the usage may be an hour out - though that may only be texts. Try proving that you paid by phone for your parking at the time that you actually entered the carpark, rather than an hour earlier. So your purchased time runs out an hour earlier than you were expecting.

Thanks for your response ToniCa.

Sounds like the app is a bit hit and miss: when I joined Vodafone I was on a BVB£10 and via the app, I could see individual amounts of remaining minutes, texts and data.  Once the 4G issue was sorted they said they'd given me a BVB£20 and the app just showed the remaining credit and even in My products and services just shows the remaining credit.

Having been given £20 credit on Friday, I'm now down to £13.70 and the only debits I can see from the online account has been the £4 for the 7.33 MB and £0.30 for Voice and both these have been designated Out-of-Plan.  How's that?

ToniCa

Ah, I understand! They've given you £20 credit rather than the £20 BVB, which would have used up the complete £20. So you are running in basic PAYG mode as opposed to PAYG 1, have no allowances as such, and have got through 3 days of data at £2 per day, plus a call of under 1 minute at 30p. Groan!

I suggest you get back to CS or Live Chat, explain that they promised you a £20 BVB rather than £20 credit, and get them to give you the BVB.

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @duncanda we're more than happy to check your account to make sure everything is correct on there. If you can get in touch with us by following the steps via the private message I've sent you.