Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot receive incoming calls

PaulWalters
2: Seeker

I have just bought a moble phone (TTfone Mercury with £20 vodafone credits).  I can make calls but cannot receive them.  I appreciate that this topic is covered by posts on this forum and I have done everything I can think of but the problem is still there.  It seems that if I can get hold of someone at vodafone they may be able to sort this out fairly quickly.  Livechat just sends me messages telling me to wait.  Is it possible that someone from Vodafone can email me to sort this out.  It will be a hassle to have to send the phone back.  Thank you in anticipation.

3 REPLIES 3

PaulWalters

Hi, AnnS, 

Many thanks for getting back.  My 24 hours is just about up so I'll try another test call to the mobile shortly, failing that I will see if LiveChat has started chatting.  I've had mobile phones for over 25 years and never had this sort of problem before.  Hey ho.

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @PaulWalters 

Try resetting network settings by going into your connections settings, mobile networks, select an alternative network other than Vodafone, wait for it to reject the request and reselect Vodafone, followed by a reboot.

See it that helps.  (Fingers crossed)

Hello again,

Thanks for the further advice and that may well do the trick, however I have managed to speak to someone at vodafone and they told me that incoming calls were not activated or something along those lines.  Anyway, they have managed to fix the problem so all is well, touch wood.  I have read on various blogs that sometimes sim cards are not set up to allow incoming calls so I suppose this is one of them.  

Anyway, thank you for all your trouble, it's very reassuring to have somewhere to go for advice.