Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Change of Name

greens_peace
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My Mother gave me her phone some years ago it was on 02 never had a problem until I switched to Vodafone and got a Motorola G4 phone. When I use the Vodafone App it say hello with my Mother name. I have called the help line, yes thay can change the name, no they didn't. I filled in the chnage of name/owenship form, never got a response. I have, via my phone, because the PC version doesn't work, used the chat service. I was promised my account would be deleted so I could re-register the number. Now I find I can't do this online as the new registration doesn't work. I have dleted the app on my phone and re loaded it, I have doen this so many times I have deleted the cache and all data associated with the app. But still when install and open tha app it says hello i my mother name.

I even went into a Vodafone shop in Inverness, what a waste of time that was, no idea, except to tell me to ring the hotline, and Oh yes, don't forget to give me a good rating as my job depends on it!

What do I have to d to get this sorted, change my number? Why should I even have to consider that?

Why I'm still with vodafone when they can't seem to fix a simple problem like this I don't know.

Rant over anyone get any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The way forward now is for your Mother to contact Vodafone, live chat works well and ask them to change the name on the PAYG number. 
Your should then be able to open a new PAYG online account in your name with the application following.
Please be aware the new online account will need an alternative user name, password and email address.
The previous application will need to be cleared and deleted on the phone.

My Mother now 98 cannot contact Vodafone. I explained this both to a call centre operative and via Chat. I was told it would be sorted. I seemed to satisfy all the questions they asked re ownership. The one thing I can't do, well not online anyway is open another account., Why is the system always in need of fixing  I'm also running out of emails to use as between my wife and I I have 4  vodafone accounts all need seperate email addresses. I know I can always create another but do I really have to if an account with a previously used email has been deleted.

I now have no account for the phone, when I install the playstore app it downloads data with my Mothers name attached this is what I need removed/changed.

As you can appreciate I'm  a bit frustrated by this. If I lose the phone at the moment I'll have to explain that the phone, whilst mine has my mother name on it! I think you can see where this will lead me. 

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@greens_peace

Can you clarify who is the Account Holder please?

You mention change of ownership which means you'd need to be credit checked to see if you could officially take over the contract in question which would mean the Account holders name would then change. 

Can-I-transfer-my-number-and-contract-to-someone-else.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @greens_peace

A change of contract ownership would only apply to pay monthly contracts, not for PAYG accounts.

What has most likely happened here is the PAYG number was in your Mothers name when the number was with O2 and should have been changed with O2 before giving you the phone and number.   When the number was ported over to Vodafone, the name came with the number.

The way forward now is for your Mother to contact Vodafone, live chat works well and ask them to change the name on the PAYG number.  Your should then be able to open a new PAYG online account in your name with the application following. Please be aware the new online account will need an alternative user name, password and email address.  The previous application will need to be cleared and deleted on the phone.

This should be something simple enough for live chat to sort out and you will be soon be seeing your name on the application.

The way forward now is for your Mother to contact Vodafone, live chat works well and ask them to change the name on the PAYG number. 
Your should then be able to open a new PAYG online account in your name with the application following.
Please be aware the new online account will need an alternative user name, password and email address.
The previous application will need to be cleared and deleted on the phone.

My Mother now 98 cannot contact Vodafone. I explained this both to a call centre operative and via Chat. I was told it would be sorted. I seemed to satisfy all the questions they asked re ownership. The one thing I can't do, well not online anyway is open another account., Why is the system always in need of fixing  I'm also running out of emails to use as between my wife and I I have 4  vodafone accounts all need seperate email addresses. I know I can always create another but do I really have to if an account with a previously used email has been deleted.

I now have no account for the phone, when I install the playstore app it downloads data with my Mothers name attached this is what I need removed/changed.

As you can appreciate I'm  a bit frustrated by this. If I lose the phone at the moment I'll have to explain that the phone, whilst mine has my mother name on it! I think you can see where this will lead me. 

AnnS

Hi @greens_peace

As you seem to have exhausted the usual customer service channels, this will be one for the Team here on the forum to sort out for you.

Give the Team time to get to the thread and they will get back to you.

Thanks AnnS

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@greens_peace I'm sorry to hear about the problem you're having. 
So our team can look into this for you, I've sent you a private message with details on how to contact us.

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Just in case I'm missing something here...

Is it actually Vodafone that is causing this or is the google account linked to your phone in your mothers name? Just you mention the playstore in your posts and that data is what was submitted when you set up the phone / Google playstore rather than any data held by Vodafone on you.

If I have missed the point then apologies 🙂

donnyguy

Interesting point, but no, the Google account is set up on my name, my Mother has never been on the interent.. The phone was only ever in my Mother's name when it was on an 02 sim, obviously this data got transfered when I swapped everything to a Vodafone sim.